Computer Repair

If you want certs, ya will have to study for them. You can do them at college or ya can self study. Either way you will have to sit an exam at a test centre to get the cert.

Well, people never asked me about my certifications or anything like that. Of course if you were planning on making a living out of computer repair or making it a full time job, you definitely would want certifications. They are always a plus, I might think about getting one in the near future.

well, once I read that post and see what an A+ certification is.. i will be happy. I just want to read something that will teach me more avout this repair thing :D .. I want to be ready for whatever hits me.. all that stuff someone listed up there about reformatting and stuff I can do.. I dont know wbout the cell phone thing though, im sure I could figure it out... Ive done some pretty weird stuff in my time lol.

-Q

Captain Pooka said:
well, once I read that post and see what an A+ certification is.. i will be happy. I just want to read something that will teach me more avout this repair thing :D .. I want to be ready for whatever hits me.. all that stuff someone listed up there about reformatting and stuff I can do.. I dont know wbout the cell phone thing though, im sure I could figure it out... Ive done some pretty weird stuff in my time lol.

-Q
haha it's all about just playing around with the buttons :cool: just NEVER get intimidated by the machine.

on that A+ certified guide link you gave me up there, it had a link to a book on amazon.. the A+ certification book for 37$.
Is that still the right book that I should get? and should I just go ahead and they the A+ certufucation abd Network+ certufucatino book pack? (on the same page at the bottom for like 70$)

thanks
-Q

LambOfGod said:
Now i am in a city with close to 1 million ppl, Any suggestions you have for someone trying to start up. Always open to good advice

what my work does (idk if u'd be able to do this just startin off, but when you get more customers its an option) is do a quick diagnoses for the customer at the counter. so if their comptuer isn't turning on test teh PSU, connections etc. if it doesn't respond to that, check it in, and charge what you deem resonable. (we do $40, and 99% of the pple have no problem with, altho if your just starting 20-30 might be a better place to start)

Back
Top Bottom