Dual-Monitor??

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i have 2 monitors, i guess; a TV, and a 19" lcd. with the nvidia forceware stuff i can't set up 2 monitors, or even an extended one., its always as a single monitor; i either have to choose from the lcd or the tv, not both. why is this?

How do you have the TV plugged in? (S-Video etc.) I don't know if it's possible to do with S-Video, but there may be a setting somewhere in the drivers. If you use VGA, then it should work the same as with any other monitor.

my lcd is plugged in through the dvi port on the card (dvi-vga adapter, don't have a dvi cable). my video card has an s-video out port, and it also came with a little adapter with the red, green, blue, yellow, and s-video out ports on that, but i use the composite (yellow cable) intsead.

wait, do you have a DVI and a regular monitor port on your video card? if so just buy a dvi adapter, unless your uing a tv, hook your monitor and you other.. thing up.. it should work fine :p thats how I have my dual monitors hooked up. go to your desktop properties>settings> and it should have a choice between two.. pick the second one and check "extend my desktop" and Bam! there ya go!
is the what you wanted?
lol

-Q

no...there is a dvi & vga port on the card, along with an s-video out. i'm using a dvi-vga adapter for my 19" lcd cause i don't have a dvi cable, and i'm using an s-video cable to the tv, but i can't make both up at the same time.

oh, I have never tried that.. with svideo
I have a dvi adapter, I dont know if there is an adapter from sVideo to VGA?
Ill look that up to when I get home... other than that, I can try to make it work at my house and tell ya what I did..

Back
Top Bottom