Deciding between these 2 cards

ownage said:
years to come? Doubt it.

I will keep you updated.

ownage said:
And no, $100 is definately NOT high end.

All the more reason i didnt buy one.

ownage said:
If you are going to use your computer for years to come, a bad case of ripple in the 12V rail WILL kill your cpu because of electron migration.

That is in rare cases, that is definetly not a common problem.
you know there are plenty of PCs out there running PSUs that are Generic Case powersupplies, Usually when they have had their last breath they dont take any of the PCs components with them.

anyway My CPU will be upgraded in years to come.

ownage said:
And you say you overclocked your system? Can you tell me how much power draw that is? Is it close to 300 watts? probably. Will it stress a rated 500W psu? probably not.

Dude, Thats a rule of thumb in the PC world, Most people Get a powersupply that will easily handle the systems power requirements. Thats why i didnt get a 300 Watt powersupply, I got a 550 Watt so my PSU wasnt *stressed* from my systems power requirements.

ownage said:
Why do you think server companies use Zippy, Etasis as OEMs for their powersupplies? It's because there isnt a chance that their servers will die after 3 years. Why do PCP&C owners only upgrade their powersupplies when the standard changes, ie 20 to 24 pin? It's because the powersupplies are build to last. Why do server grade psu users only stick with server grade psus? It's because the powersupplies are known to supply their components with clean power. You can believe what you want, but investing in a good powersupply will save you so much more money in the long run.

Why are you telling me this when i already said this.

LambOfGod said:
Some people cant afford the best of the best, and that goes with most things. If i had a huge budget for a comp, sure i would went with a $100+ PSU SLI certified and whatnot.

So why are you driving a Honda, instead of a Ferrari?

MONEY

mhmh - this thread was about VideoCards lol
how did it get to detailed PSU thread ??? :D
U guys r funny

Luke2 said:
mhmh - this thread was about VideoCards lol
how did it get to detailed PSU thread ??? :D
U guys r funny

LoL sorry man, i wont highjack your thread anymore.

You can PM me Ownage if you want..

Peace and Merry X-mas, and good luck with your New vidcard man

Why do I drive a Honda instead of a Ferrari? Maybe since Hondas are known to be a little more reliable? :rolleyes: Why do you get a server grade psu instead of a crappy one? Reliability. So there you go. I don't see why people would buy a new computer and get a piss poor powersupply to go with it. Why don't you downgrade some parts to buy a decent powersupply? The powersupply is the first part of my build that I choose first then everything else. Anyway have fun with those Fuhjyyu caps in your powersupply :)

ownage said:
Why do I drive a Honda instead of a Ferrari? Maybe since Hondas are known to be a little more reliable? :rolleyes:

I wasnt talking about Reliability, i was talking about performance.

Lets rephrase that, Why do you drive a PONTIAC instead of a LEXUS.

MONEY

(With the Lexus you are paying for both reliability and performance)

ownage said:
Why do you get a server grade psu instead of a crappy one? Reliability.

Do you have Redundant powersupplies? I hope so, otherwise you may be slacking in the reliability departments,

You should also have a seperate UPS for each one.

not to mention an Inline generator, incase your powergoes down. :rolleyes:

ownage said:
I don't see why people would buy a new computer and get a piss poor powersupply to go with it. Why don't you downgrade some parts to buy a decent powersupply? The powersupply is the first part of my build that I choose first then everything else. Anyway have fun with those Fuhjyyu caps in your powersupply :)

I'll take my chances with my *pissPoor* powersupply that has been running rocksolid in my and 10 Other peoples Systems i built.

Ohh and like i said before

LambOfGod said:
You can PM me Ownage if you want..

Lets keep it out of this guys thread.

Rosewill is decent at best. I used them before. Build quality isn't that great and even if it does work, I would rather invest more into a PSU will quality components. Then again, it's not as bad as that Powmax PSU that blew on me the moment I turned on the computer. :p

Back
Top Bottom