long wait for something...need help.

... When you go to save or open a file in a program and then in the drop down list, You can click on a directory or something through that... DOes that take you long also?

I had this problem and then I just looked through my system services and enabled some weird stuff like Logical Disk manager etc etc... THen restarted and it was all fine.. Maybe system restore?

dont we all hate software issues, i love my company doesnt deal with software. Is there any other place its slow? If your in word and right click somewhere does it do the same thing? Whats your mouse pointer like? (one of those high grahic new ones? Is it only when you click on a file? Is it any type of file e.g .doc , .mp3, .pdf?

Erm, how about a basic Ccleaner action and defrag? It may sound simple, but it can be the key to the slowdowns.

i've done pretty much every kind of scan/defrag thing u can do.
heres how it goes down:
right click on folder: fine
right click on shortcut: fine
right click on actual file: not fine
also i found out that in explorer, if i click on the 'file' menu while a file is selected it does the same thing.

i did check the other 2 links, but they didn't seem to help.

Have ya tried running system file checker? Goto run command and type sfc /scannow. Ya need ya XP disc for this

i don't have an xp disc...xp mce came pre-installed.
its working anyway...
and how long does it usually take...

okay i did a system restore, well right before i did it i made a restore point, so i restored it to a minute back and everything seems to be going VERY fast.
for some odd reason system restore, no matter what situation seems to fix whatever my problem may be.

Back
Top Bottom