Constant beeping on boot

Cabbs

Golden Master
First of all, it's an HP DV8000 laptop. Core Duo 1.83, GO 7600, 1GB ram, if any of that really matters.

The problem is that every once in a while, I turn it on, and I get a loud beeping noise looping over and over for about ten seconds. Once that's done, it boots Windows and runs normal. Any Ideas?

Well, I don't have much experience with their stuff, so I'll recommend you to contact HP. Their support is preety good, compared to some others.

ok,laptop are fun.lol... Raff could be right and you have a sticky key, lets hope its not becuase of water dropped on keyboard. Can you try a power cycle for me, rather easy. Just remove the battery and AC adpt from the laptop, Now hold down the power button for about 20seconds, you wont see anything happen. What this does is because your battery is in your laptop most of the time it builds up a power level on your mainboard which can make thing act up. after doing this put your AC adpt back in but leave battery out.. Turn on mach (what happens)? Oh if you call HP have your machine type and serial number ready.

joelbeveridge said:
ok,laptop are fun.lol... Raff could be right and you have a sticky key, lets hope its not becuase of water dropped on keyboard. Can you try a power cycle for me, rather easy. Just remove the battery and AC adpt from the laptop, Now hold down the power button for about 20seconds, you wont see anything happen. What this does is because your battery is in your laptop most of the time it builds up a power level on your mainboard which can make thing act up. after doing this put your AC adpt back in but leave battery out.. Turn on mach (what happens)? Oh if you call HP have your machine type and serial number ready.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Back
Top Bottom