Xp onto PB computer

thelandlord

Beta member
Hi,

Need some help please,got an old PB computer with the pb master disc 98 installed and have put new drive in and tried to install my xp on it but it wont let me,how do i get it to take the xp disc as it will only have the master disc installed.

Thanks Paul

What exactly is the problem? Is it just not reading the disc? Or is it reading the disc and not letting you install it?

One thing you could do is go into the bios and chack your boot order and make sure that your cdrom is first in the boot order.

It gets a good way through install then goes no further,think it has something to do with the pb tattoo.

Cheers for reply

Hmm....I don't think that would have anything to do with it. I've installed xp on prebuilt computers before, like dell and HP and didn't have a problem.

Are your system specs enough to run xp? Do you get any errors during the install?

Hi,
Installed xp on fathers with similar spec,no errors hav nt tried for a while will try again later and report back.

Thanks Paul

Hi Guys,

Spec is not problem,i have just run the xp from boot,it loads for about 3 mins then gives me the option to press enter to continue and 2 other keys to abort or repair but the keyboard is not working although the caps lock light is on,keyboard was fine so any ideas before the sledge hammer comes out.

Thanks Paul

How do ya know the spec isnt the problem? Post them anyway, or th PB model

Spec is cyrix 300, 256 ram 10 gig hd.cant see model just says cub on case.

Put xp on fathers intel 300 with 126ram and 6 gig hd and runs fine

Cheers Paul

Back
Top Bottom