Crossfire

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
is the ATI Crossfire really that good? since its using 2 graphic cards.
and since my budget isnt that high is it possible to buy a crossfire ready graphic card and use it at a non crossfire motherboard?

well there definitely is an increase in performance, but IMO it's not worth it to buy 2 vid cards. Just get one good one and it's going to do anything you need it to do.

And I think that crossfire ready vid cards work in non-crossfire mobos too.

will i need to get a crossfire ready and crossfire extreme just to be able to run them both or could i just get 2 of the same one

Yeah a single card will work in a CF mobo... i do agree with mammi about the fact that its pointless unless of course you have the top of the line and are doing it to exceed that, but even then its overkill. but however you could get 2 less expensive cards that migh equal to less than 1 high end card

EDIT: The card have to have the same core... so they have to be the same type of card... the manufacterer doesnt have to be the same though

if i get 2 ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512 DDR2, will that be better than a single ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256 DDR3?

would you be able to use a new ati directx10 crossfire card with say a x1950xt and be compatible?

no the cards have to have the same core... i.e. a X1950 PRO willl only work with another X1950 PRO... however the manufacterer can be different like a Powercolor X1950 PRO will work with a Sapphire X1950 PRO, regardless of the difference in core or memory clock

so is 2 x1600 512 mb ddr2 better than an x1950 pro 256 ddr3? or will they be the same?

i don't know much about ati, but my guess is it would be better than the x1950

Back
Top Bottom