64bit RC1 complications?

Ok, when I do that, it doesnt give me the option to upgrade windows. Only to delete and partition a drive. I have 110gbs left on my drive. Can I cut like 20gbs off for windows on a sepereate partition? And how do I do this?

There is no other way, because I cant install this OS without deleting all my files. And I dont want to do that.

Well, I'll have to do that. Oh well, I should get like a 36gb 15000 RPM drive and put it on there. LOL, computer doesnt have that SCSI or whatever it needs to use one of those drives. What else does the 64 bit edition have?

TBH, The x64 is just XP Pro, written for X64.

As fordrives, I mean c;mon. Be reasonable. You don't technically need another drive. If you really want to, the cheap SATA300 80 giggers are a good path.

haha, I was joking about the 15000RPM drives, I'll try partition magic, its got a free trial.

I dont know how to use partition magic, its kind of complicated, but I'll let you know if I get the problem solved. 20gb should be a large enough partition size for Vista correct?

I dont have XP on my computer at all. I have vista 32bit edition now, and want the 64 bit edition. I have a 250gb HD and 118gbs are used 114gbs are left, it wasnt a full 250gbs, but thats the way it goes. I want to put Vista x64 on a different partition so I dont have to delete all my files to install it, and it will be easier to install the full VISTA when it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom