Military kids, and why they are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammikoura said:
I don't respect guys who are like "I'm better than you". Well depends on what they have done, if they truly are better than me then they have my full respect, but kids like him who really haven't done anything that would make him better than me just piss me off. He might think he is cool and better than everyone just because his dad is in the military. But to be honest, I respect people who have done something to earn my respect.

agreed.. like my supervisor at work, i respect him because he is better than me at the job, hes been doing the job longer than ive been alive, and hes helping me alot.. so i respect him.. people like him i respect, but people who demand to be respected, like in this thread, i do not respect.. just because your dad is in the army, that doesnt make you a super kid.. just because you can speak a couple of languages, doesnt make you better.. i work in avionics, and i dont have to be able to speak another language.. (well.. i have to be able to read what the line engineers write, which sometimes is like another language.. lol..) but knowing german, or french wouldnt help me whatsoever with my job..

i still say everything nik has said in this thread is rubbish.. and no matter what nik says, just because you grew up in a military environment, that doesnt make you 'better' than everyone else.

mammikoura said:
I don't respect guys who are like "I'm better than you". Well depends on what they have done, if they truly are better than me then they have my full respect, but kids like him who really haven't done anything that would make him better than me just piss me off. He might think he is cool and better than everyone just because his dad is in the military. But to be honest, I respect people who have done something to earn my respect.

Neither would I. But now that I've thought about it and read through Nik's posts I honestly believe he was merely trying to put a point across about how he sees military life and it's advantages over civilian life (in his opinion)... Not to gloat about how much better he is than the rest of us.

I just think Nik went about how he worded his posts the wrong way and that's why everyone got their defences up. It was a mistake on Nik's part, yet everyone is still going off at the guy. He made a mistake, we all do, so give the guy a break.

And even if the above isn't true and he really does think he's better than all of us (which I really doubt), then let him think that... No need to get upset over it.

mark thorpe said:
(well.. i have to be able to read what the line engineers write, which sometimes is like another language.. lol..)

I resent that comment...but I know its true...and Im not a full fledged engineer...YET...still in school and most people can still read my writing!!!

hahaha

haha, its always fun to try to translate the line engineers writing... i can understand it though, they are the guys working on the aircraft.. so it can be difficult to write properley, lol, but its always interesting trying to translate the reported defect...

what course are you doing? you in avionics too?

Toby said:
Neither would I. But now that I've thought about it and read through Nik's posts I honestly believe he was merely trying to put a point across about how he sees military life and it's advantages over civilian life (in his opinion)... Not to gloat about how much better he is than the rest of us.

I just think Nik went about how he worded his posts the wrong way and that's why everyone got their defences up. It was a mistake on Nik's part, yet everyone is still going off at the guy. He made a mistake, we all do, so give the guy a break.

And even if the above isn't true and he really does think he's better than all of us (which I really doubt), then let him think that... No need to get upset over it.
I would give him a break, but he's been creating mayhem over & over again with his contentious threads at least four or five,

Brookfield said:
I would give him a break, but he's been creating mayhem over & over again with his contentious threads at least four or five,

Yeah, well... same could be said about some of your posts.

Toby said:
Yeah, well... same could be said about some of your posts.
Posts maybe, threads/forums no, if you don't mind me pointing out that you may not have been here long enough to experience him in all his "glory", time after tedious time,

Brookfield said:
Posts maybe, threads/forums no, if you don't mind me pointing out that you may not have been here long enough to experience him in all his "glory", time after tedious time,

You may be right there, but I have talked to him on msn a few times. Doesn't seem like a bad bloke. And if he ever does make a contreversial thread again, why don't the people who are going to start bitching at him just leave it alone and let the people who actually want to argue peacefully post in them.

Seems fair to me.

I think Toby said it right, i'm not one to have much of an ego. Personally it was an idea, idea back fired. I never insulted anyone, and now I'm the one getting insulted? As amazing as it seems, it was an idea, my idea. If my ego was so big and I'm so great why would I share it on this forum? For wouldn't I think that I'm too good for the people here? Wouldn't I go to a forum with just as many egotistical people and post there?

I didn't, because I do have advantages most of the time in the areas that I listed, but did I state I'm better? Well better in the term that is now being taken that is. No, I stated I'm better at traveling, settling in, getting used to new cultures, and bilingual. Are their people out there better then me at that? Of course there is.

And old brooky boy, as amazing as it may seem most of my threads have been fairly popular. Its just this old 70 year old runt that goes about getting all upset because I post a view different to his. Frankly IDK how you got the job as mod, cause i'd never put a 70 year old mod on a forum just because well hes too old to relate.

And I ask why haven't you pushed very hard to get this thread closed? Cause you enjoy seeing me get flamed, well just shows where your neutrality is. You've closed a lot of my threads just because you didn't like the idea that was being expressed.

In conclusion, I never stated I'm better as in a better person as in what most of the forum thinks I said, I stated I'm NORMALLY better at traveling, settling into new cultures, bilingual. But no, everyone took it offensively.

Example Mark is better then me at fixing radios, I wouldn't have an idea of where to start.

Toby knows MMA more then me

DJ Chris is better at computers then me

That guy that always posts about phones knows phones better then me.

Raffaz from what I've gathered is better at PCs then me.

That guy with the crappy ISP knows my sound systems better then me (forgot his name)

Seti knows cats better then me I bet he knows his telephone company better then me (i believe he mentioned he works for them once)

However I'll bet you that there is something that I can do better then them, maybe its as minor as I type faster, or that I can lift more weights then them IDK. But we are all better, and worse then each other. And this thread turned into everyone thinks i'm better overall I listed the things I thought military kids were better at, I never stated something like

"Military kids pwn civilian kids hAHHA"

I stated "Military kids are generally better at those things because..."

Now thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom