Deciding between these 2 cards

Luke2 said:
umm- I don't want a new PSU
I just linked you an "addition" to my current PSU
It's only for VideoCard - I'm keeping my PSU - Enermax 485W 32A on dual 12V rails

so plz don't link any powersupplies

I just linked it to show u what u think

I have no experience with a videocard powersupply, and this is the first ive heard of it, sounds interesting though, *say for someone in your case*

LambOfGod said:
Back that up.

I built 10 Systems with Rosewill PSUs.

Including my own which has been running 1.5 Years....

No hiccups, My system is solid as a rock.

Not One failure.

Wintech built powersupplies. It's been running for 1.5 years....but try putting is under the full load. They are decent powersupplies, but for the kind of money, forget a good powersupply. They are a little below average. I doubt they will produce the rated amount of power in a warm environment, even if they did, the ripple will be at a ridiculous amount causing random spikes and taking some of your hardware with it. :rolleyes: Who knows what the ripple is like with very little load. And the efficiency is horrible without APFC.

ownage said:
Wintech built powersupplies. It's been running for 1.5 years....but try putting is under the full load. They are decent powersupplies, but for the kind of money, forget a good powersupply. They are a little below average. I doubt they will produce the rated amount of power in a warm environment, even if they did, the ripple will be at a ridiculous amount causing random spikes and taking some of your hardware with it. :rolleyes: Who knows what the ripple is like with very little load. And the efficiency is horrible without APFC.

Full Load? I have Overclocked the Memory, CPU, Vidocard. 3X120MM fans, 3 Hdds, 2 Opticals Drives. And i have Gamed For Hours opon Hours straight. All that and it has ran with no Problem for 1.5 years, No spikes, no hiccups-- nothing.

And this Ripple causing random spikes is unheard of, In mine and any of the systems i built.

108 People Reviewed the product and it has an 87% 5 Egg rating.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustR...&SortField=0&SummaryType=ALL&Pagesize=&Page=3

The Bottom Line is many people will be building PCs and will need a powersupply.

Rosewill provided a budget minded solution that works.
And it will work for an easy 90% of people out there.
Some people cant afford the best of the best, and that goes with most things. If i had a huge budget for a comp, sure i would went with a $100+ PSU SLI certified and whatnot.

But for me, and many others we dont have that budget.

EDIT: ohh yea and it has a 3 year warranty

Don't base things on Newegg's ratings. They don't mean shit. That's like saying the PS3 is the God of all consoles simply because the paper specs say so. :rolleyes:

Ownage is talking about the components inside the PSU. While they may work fine for most, try pushing it and you'll probably blow it.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

alvino said:
Don't base things on Newegg's ratings. They don't mean shit. That's like saying the PS3 is the God of all consoles simply because the paper specs say so. :rolleyes:

Ownage is talking about the components inside the PSU. While they may work fine for most, try pushing it and you'll probably blow it.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

I didnt base it on ratings at all i just added that to my statement
I based it on FIRST HAND experience.

And your right they do work fine for most.

Why would I or Luke or 90% of users need to push it, it runs rock solid for what i need to do, and it will run rock solid for Luke2.

Everything has its limits man,

And i agree with you, you do get what you pay for.

So Basically what it comes down to is this, Unless your a person who needs to do extreme in depth voltage/power tweaking, or *push* their powersupply to its limits, then go with a highend $100 PSU.

But for the rest of us, the Rosewill is a great budget PSU that can, supply healthy power to our machines for years to come.

I would rather invest more into my PSU considering it is one of the most important components. Cheaper PSU's tend to have poor/average quality components in them which means they either aren't reliable or they die out fast.

years to come? Doubt it. Those Fuhjyyu caps that are used on the secondary side, and anything but hitachi on the primary side will die after a while. And no, $100 is definately NOT high end.

Do you know why you haven't heard of ripple? Its because it doesnt kill right away. If you are going to use your computer for years to come, a bad case of ripple in the 12V rail WILL kill your cpu because of electron migration. Ever wonder why people lose an overclock on DDR2 because they pump 3V+ into their RAM? Electron migration. Ripple will do that same, just not as fast. Its like comparing artificial selection to natural selection. One occurs faster, yet over a period of time they do the same thing, albiet a long period of time. You can't measure ripple with your regular DMM, you need a oscilloscope.
And you say you overclocked your system? Can you tell me how much power draw that is? Is it close to 300 watts? probably. Will it stress a rated 500W psu? probably not. I'm talking about 40*C ambients which is supposed to be the standard for today's psus. And taking them to the max to see how they cope with temperature and load. If they handle ripple very well at high temperatures and load, you've got yourself a powersupply that will last a long time.

Why do you think server companies use Zippy, Etasis as OEMs for their powersupplies? It's because there isnt a chance that their servers will die after 3 years. Why do PCP&C owners only upgrade their powersupplies when the standard changes, ie 20 to 24 pin? It's because the powersupplies are build to last. Why do server grade psu users only stick with server grade psus? It's because the powersupplies are known to supply their components with clean power. You can believe what you want, but investing in a good powersupply will save you so much more money in the long run.

I don't think some people even know half of the things you just said. Hahahah...:p

Back
Top Bottom