Please Pease help me set the network!

k0409964

In Runtime
Hello, what is the best way to set up a network so i can play multiplayer Medieval Total War II.

I have a laptop with a network card and a desktop with a network card and a cross over cable!!! and what ever i do i can not get it to work!!! I can see the other computer on workgroup computers, and in the actual game i can see my brothers name and we can chat but we can see any games in the lobby!!!!

Please Please Please Please help!!!! :confused:

That is what other people have said, but the thing is, with my other home comp i plug the cross over cable in and every thing works fine, internet shareing, the lot!! so why will it not work wih my brother computer ?!!?! just keeps saying aquiring IP addresess or whatever!!

Okay stupid question, how do i find out the I.P addy of computer?

i think i know but i am not sure??

Also, set the computer's ip addresses in the same range..

I.e Computer 1 - 192.168.0.1
Computer 2 - 192.168.0.2

And each computer's default gateway, must be set to the other computer's ip address.. forgot to mention they both had to be.

right, both comps are now conected buy medieval still wont work...we can see each other and chat but not join games!!!

do you think it is cos i cracked one of the comps games to run with out a cd (well i did'nt do it a d/l one)??

Back
Top Bottom