help:any advice on how i can speed up my pc?

Tommy Boy said:
The video card isn't going to speed up your pc that much if all you do is browse the net and do word processing and stuff. It will improve your gaming performance though. I have a GeForce 4 MX 440 also and it runs just fine for me. Of course I don't play games on my pc either.

I would start with the ram and see how much that speeds it up.

Are you telling me that??

The reason i listed a vid card was becuase he said this.

noypi said:
any advice on how i can speed up my pc? for better pc games and office processing

is ddr and ddr2 the same? i mean do they fit in the same slot on my board... im using ddr... does ddr 2 fit on my memory slot? and from 768mb to 1 gig will it make any difference in terms of its speed?

noypi said:
is ddr and ddr2 the same? i mean do they fit in the same slot on my board... im using ddr... does ddr 2 fit on my memory slot?

no. They have a different amount of pins. ddr2 will not fit in the same slot as ddr.

noypi said:
and from 768mb to 1 gig will it make any difference in terms of its speed?

well the more ram the better. You should see improvements in games and stuff like that, but with just surfing the web etc the difference isn't that big.

how can i speed up my internet.. my connection is dsl... 1.5 mb... my down speed is 1569 kbps but my upload is 87-200 kbps. any advice to make my upload faster? without compromising my down speed.

I'd also reccomend the following:

1) Perform a defrag
2) Run an optimisation program such as TuneUp Utilities, WinXP Manager, System Mechanic, etc.
3) Disable processes on start up that you don't need. You can do this with your optimisation program or by going to Start - Run - type in msconfig - Startup - uncheck processes you don't need. Just be careful of what you uncheck.

another question... im using this for work... i have 3 software running... my ie, vonage etc.. plus my email and msgrs.. yahoo and aim. does memory help in speeding up m computer? does it make any difference if i have 768 mb or 1 gig

noypi said:
another question... im using this for work... i have 3 software running... my ie, vonage etc.. plus my email and msgrs.. yahoo and aim. does memory help in speeding up m computer? does it make any difference if i have 768 mb or 1 gig

It will make a difference... The more RAM you have, the more applications you can have open at once.

ok, i'll think of more questions. i have alot... maybe i'll post more of my questions tomorrow. thankx!!!!

I had a person go ahead and buy some DDR2 Ram for there machine and then wanted me to install it for them in a machine that only takes DDR. Im sure we have all seen DDR ram and the little cutout it has in the middle of the RAM, DDR2 is the same but they have moved that little cutout afew centre meters along (sneaky people).

Tips to speed up PC
1- Make sure all your software is running smooth, Defrag, disk clean,virus scan, spyware checka, delete stuff you dont need. all the normal BS.
2- What do you want speed for - Games, Internet, Video recording?
3- Get more RAM, PC's are like Fat ladies with Candy, the more candy they have the better. Your machine will chop chop that RAM up.
These 3 options are Cheap and fast ways to speed things up.
Later you can get better CPU, Mainboard, DDR2 if you have the cash.

Back
Top Bottom