Rep Bars

Brookfield said:
Agreed, as I said, I'm against the change, the position is being discussed elsewhere.

Wahay me and you finally agree on something ha ha :)

Root, there' little chance that you'll get a thousand points like that in..say...err..30 years!

The points are never given, unless you really have to make something super duper beyond knowledgable...not just from something helpful...like, in tradition, should be the way to go.

And...I disagree with that change. There's got to be a way to organise it, so that the rep blocks are to be increasing by shots of 20, then having double nlock, one under the other. That's how they do on a Vb system.

well... the only other way I can thikn of to actually make the rep system worthwhile is if there is a points system like on experts excahnge...

when only one point can be given for whatever answer ios the correct one that fixed the problem,
assuming two people helped then the points are split, (both get a point).

and if the thread starter leaves without awarding points, the admins award the points on their behalf...

this is a great system as it really means that those who are helpful actually recieve the most rep and it's only for helpful stuff, not opinion.

the trouble with this is the rep whores who insist that they poste the correct answer and want rep..

the thing is, any system is always going to have it's trouble.

perhaps it might be possible for david to adjust the system so that there is a new block for every 30 rep points of something?

to be honest, the rep isn't actually something I care all that much about anyway...
i'm sad to say that i don't actually ever help enough people that they will look at my advice, and reputation and say "now theres a man who knows what he's talking about"...

I think he should put it back the way it was. Or else figure something else out, those bars are too small.

I don't think the decision was one that can benefit the forum, a different system should be thought of.

What about actually showing the amount of points the user has, ie..

joxley1990
Guru

joxley1990 has *** reputation points

joxley1990 said:

joxley1990
Guru

I think that is a great idea. Simple and effective.

I Like roots Idea....

But i still think we should make a move for the rep bars to look like these guys.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237530

Look through the first page of the thread top to bottom.

Notice how if you scroll over the rep points it says *this user is helpful and trsutworthy*

or *this user is a leader of this site*

or *this user is not very helpful or trustworthy*

Thoughts?

joxley1990 said:
I don't think the decision was one that can benefit the forum, a different system should be thought of.

joxley1990
Guru

Agreed That would be nice but David is also a good man and he has done a very good job running this site and i thank him for that merry christmas!!

LambOfGod said:
I Like roots Idea....

But i still think we should make a move for the rep bars to look like these guys.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237530

Look through the first page of the thread top to bottom.

Notice how if you scroll over the rep points it says *this user is helpful and trsutworthy*

or *this user is a leader of this site*

or *this user is not very helpful or trustworthy*

Thoughts?

If you scroll over the green bar on CF it will also tell you the rep level.

It seems there are alot of people who are uphappy with the new system but ofcourse it doesn't have to stay this way, I'm going to see if there is anything else that can be done

Back
Top Bottom