I really need help with mobo click me click me Pleasee

dedb33t

In Runtime
Ok people.. Im a first time builder.. Ummm I have a thermaltake Armor and a Asus P5B-E.. I have installed the heatsink and the CPU, Im up to putting it in the case but it wont line up with the stupid gap at the back of the chassis.. Like when I put it in, I cant see any screw holes.. If I move the mobo holes to see the screw holes of the chassis.. Then most of the back I/O cables are blocked off... What am I supposed to do? The case came with these strange stickers to put on the case where the mobo's back is so it doesnt scratch or something....

Can someone please help I need this computer setup by tonight :( I finally got my wireless router up and going so thats a good start :) I can take some pics but I will have to wait a few hours for my bro to come back cuz I cant find the USB for my phone so yeah ..Quiet sad actually lol.. The case says it supports ATX and BTX so yeh.. :( What am I doing wrong?

huh... What are you on about?? The mobo didnt come with any screws.. BUt my case came with these huge packet of screws... What pins? I have been trying for ages just to screw the thing in.. :( This is harder then i thought it would be

Alright if you look at your computer case there should be a bunch of screw holes were the motherboard is supposed to go. You should have screws that go into the case most likely 9 screws if its a ATX board. You need to put those in first. I'm referring to the screws that on the side that doesn't screw into the case will be flat with a hole inside with threads. After you do this you should have a bunch of little red circular rings that you need to set on top of the screw. After you have those on set the motherboard on top of the rings. Then you use the other phillips screws for the topside of the motherboard.

Your motherboard does not sit on the case it sits between the screws. Kind of hard to explain i'd put a pic up of what i'm referring to but i've just built a computer myself and don't have that stuff loaded up yet. Pictograph for you. Case { Case side screw -> Motherboard [ and Motherboard side that you screw in to board. <-

{->[<- LOL make sense?

Okay from left to right.

Far left: These screw into the backside of your case.
Middle: These are the screws you tighten your motherboard down.
Right: These are the red rings I was talking about. They go inbetween the screws and motherboard.

Check this out if i'm still confusing you. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/145/1

Screws.jpg

Thanks.. I got it all screwed... I cant install it though, omg the case is pissing me off so much.. It only came with one IDE cable... And I only have a IDE HDD.. AND THE MOBO ONLY HAS ONE IDE SLOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf?!??!?! Did I get the wrong thing?? Omg and I noticed my Lan card doesnt fit too.. It says PCI And I have 3 PCI slots... But the lan card has 2 gaps in it.. Like ummm... 2 gaps like u no how ram Has one gap in the middle.. Yeh the thing has 2... Thats not PCI is it?? ... WHere the hell is it supposed to go? Can someone please check out the stupid mobo.. Its the asus P5B-E... Its like 12am lol I give up :( Wires everywhere and I think I was supposed to get a SATA HDD? or does that use that big IDE cable too? Cuz I have like 6 SATA slots :( Did I buy all the wrong stuff? The shop doesn't take refunds..

Sorry for incorrect gramma im not in the mood--

Edit: So yeah what the hell Do I do about the stupid wireless card? Its not PCI is it?? It says PCI on it.. Its a netgear WG311

Also.. If I only have one IDE slot or wateva.. How the **** Do I connect my DVD DRIVE???.... I did something weird just 5 minutes ago and now the comp turns on for like 1 second then turns off... I power on and it does the sme thing over and over again.. is there a tutorial with pictures or something? Im so pissed and my back is broken lol.. ANd my fingers are bleeding alot :(

Ouch thats rough. If its any consilation I made the same mistake with my build. I meant to get a sata drive but ordered a IDE drive. But my CPU was DOA so it wasn't a big deal to get a RMA and return the IDE Drive for a Sata Drive. What you can do is put your harddrive in a 3.5" bay were you would put a floppy drive. Then put your DVD or CD player on the bottom tray. This will work because thats how I had mine set up until I found out my CPU was dead.

I'll find a pic of your motherboard and see if I can figure out what your talking about. Also if you don't want to return your HD you can order a IDE controller to add a few IDE connections. Much easier to go sata though.

I think the shop allows exchanges.... :( Im so pissed.. I went way over my budget on this system... And it doesnt work :( ....I'll call 2moro and ask if they accept exchanges which they probably do... So what cable would I need for a sata HDD? Got a Pic??

Also what the hell is with the wireless card? Im so frikkin pissed right now and my back is so sore.. And I wouldn't be suprised if the mobo doesn't work anymore :( Im so sad lol

Okay here is a link to your board. Just so were on the same page.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...l+P965+Express+ATX+Intel+Motherboard+-+Retail

To the right of your Analog audio ports that little white port is for intergrated audio.

Next the black PCI slot is your PCI-E slot.

The three white slots past it should be standard PCI slots. This is were you should be connecting it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...n=NETGEAR+WG311+PCI+Wireless+Adapter+-+Retail

Thats the Lan card right? All you need to do is make sure the upper left bracket sits down on top of the back of you case so you can lock it in place. Just firmly push it down ignore that first gap. I know the PCI port looks like its one solid then that little broken connector at the end but that gap at the front is fine. Its just the way that card was made.

Back
Top Bottom