Rep Bars

I think each block represents one bar of rep, so if you had two bars before you have two blocks now, atleast thats what it appears to be

Well IMO it looks crap, there is no way to distinguish between different levels within a bar. The only way you can distinguish now, is if someone has more than one bar. And the ranks are gone aswell, so someone with 5 rep points will be the same as someone with 80 etc. To make it work like the links above, the amount of rep per bar needs lowered to 10 or something, currently its at 100 as far as i know.

Couldn't they perhaps change colour? For instance, first bar is yellow, then when you reach the end, you start again, but green, then blue etc.?

I like it. Makes it looks sleeker. I noticed that all those bars kinda made things unproportional and weird.

hascet said:
I think each block represents one bar of rep, so if you had two bars before you have two blocks now, atleast thats what it appears to be

yeah I think it's like that.

hascet said:
That's right, I had two long bars, & had started towards three, looks very weird indeed, there are at least two that I know, will be disturbed by this, I'm not happy either, the lines lifted our moral, doing this makes a mockery of the points system, those who give them for being helped will be put off, I strongly object to this, come on guys, let's make a stand!!!

It's ok, you just cant tell the difference between a person with 5 rep point anda person with 60 rep points which pretty sucks because the person with 80 points will have helped for them.

Basically, all that has happened is david has resized the graphic from
[-------------]
which all stacked up be be a huge bar
to [-] which stack up to be a lot shorter bar.

removing the text that appears underneath each bar means that the rank won't be given two or three times as well..

^^ well that's my guess as to what happened anyway...

if you still want to see the text then hover over the image, as the tool tip will tell you what the rank was...

each bar appears within each hundred rep point.

0 -99 = 1 bar
100 - 199 = 2 rep bars
200+ = 3 rep bars and so on...

so there is still the posibility that rep bars *could* stack up onto multiple lines...

but TBH whoever gets to have a thousand or more rep points probably deserves to be allowed to make the place look a little untidy!!!

Steff said:
It's ok, you just cant tell the difference between a person with 5 rep point anda person with 60 rep points which pretty sucks because the person with 80 points will have helped for them.
Agreed, as I said, I'm against the change, the position is being discussed elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom