what wirless router to buy?

thesinter

Baseband Member
i am getting a nintendo wii for christmas and it needs to be connected to the internet by wi-fi so that it can recieve updates and view weater and all that other fun stuff, but the one problem i have is i don't have wi-fi.. i know it has somthing to do with wirless routers but i don't know what is a good dependable wirless routher that is no more than 75$(no more than 90$)..

anyone have any suggestion of what wirless routers that will work with the nintendo wii.

i have a basic linksys router from walmart and it cost me i think $50, it works good for me, i use it for my laptop and it has a great signal for me. just a different brand and who knows whos better but if you can find one with more range because you may get better reception that way

Just keep away from D-Link and you should be fine. I was without an internet connection for 5 days thanks to my router.

Haku Mioje said:
i have a basic linksys router from walmart and it cost me i think $50, it works good for me, i use it for my laptop and it has a great signal for me. just a different brand and who knows whos better but if you can find one with more range because you may get better reception that way
that is the one i am thinking about going with

Well I dunno, but Ive had microsoft routers, Linksys routers, and D-link routers... and the best and most reliable ones out of all those were the D-link routers.....

whatever router you get, you can check if alot of them work on nintendos website. netgear and linksys are probably the better brands

I've had D-Link routers and they worked great. Small, but powerful. Linksys, D-Link, and Netgear are the best (in that order).

Linksys, Netgear and D-Link are all great brands. US Robotics isn't too shabby either and the same goes for Hawking Technology (their broadband booster actually does pretty well).

i have look at nintendo's website and they say that it will work with that 50 dollar linksys, so i think i am going to go with that.

Back
Top Bottom