my setup

ok i have a new cooling system now and was wanting some opinions on it, its just for the cpu but when i get more money after the build ill get a water cooling system,

cpu cooler
http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-7000b-cu-led-cpu-cooler.html

tell me what you think of that, ohh and x1337 i just ordered the HDD off of ebay, brand new not even out of the box for over $100 less so ill probably post up a few of those pics when i get it, and sometime near the end of january im getting the case.

Ebay is the way to go, I bought about half my parts off ebay. I got a 7900gs asus for $149 which is like 35% off retail, but anyway, the system looks good, but I agree about the RAM upgrade. Whats the computer for?

everything and anything, ill be gaming, im a computer programmer in the making, and just random hacking stuff. but yeah i think im going to look for the ram upgrade.

ok ill probably get that, thanks for the info, its really helping. any more advice is well appericated. right now im trying to find a good ram thats 2 gig(1 module) that runs at 1066 MHz

2 gig modules are expensive now though. You might want to buy two one gig modules. It will save money, and when 2 gig modules are cheaper and you want 6 or more gigs in four slots you can still sell your 1 gig modules for a decent price. Plus with 2 sticks you can run them in dual channel.

yeah thats what im looking for now, its to hard to find a 2 gig module with 1066 MHz so im searching for a 1 gig module with 1066 or should i look for a 1 gig with 667 and get two

Your motherboard only supports up to DDR2-800 RAM(http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dg965wh/index.htm), so getting DDR2-1066 sticks would be useless-- unless you use it to overclock (higher RAM than supported=no RAM holding back for OCing). But, intel boards don't allow you to overclock, ergo buying DDR2-1066 RAM would be useless to you.

Either, get a non-intel motherboard, 1066mhz RAM, and overclock, or just stick to what you had.

Back
Top Bottom