New titles

Toby said:
The number of off-topic posts by those people in this thread I think.
No, they are the members/mods who made more than one post, I am making a point, [Mark's name shouldn't be there, as he has pointed out to me]

Brookfield said:
No, they are the members/mods who made more than one post, I am making a point, [Mark's name shouldn't be there, as he has pointed out to me]

Its not the posts that matter, its CONSECUTIVE posts that are the problem, this has been explained 100's of times now

it completly misses the point to count the amount of posts that a person makes in a conversation...

the only reason people have critisised you before brook field is because of consecutive posts.

in any threaded conversation, like a bulletin board it's normal to see many posts by the same person, they may come in the following format.

person a (point 1)
person b (point 1 answer + question that brings up point 2)
person c (reply to point 1)
person a (point 2 brought up)
person c (reply to point 2 + question to person b)
person b (reply to person c)
person c (question to person a)
person a (reply to person c)

people can make multiple points in each post as shown in the example above, (and as I'm about to in this post).

what shouldn't be seen on any forum that has an edit button to allow you to change your posts is a conversation that looks like this...

person a (point 1)
person b (point 1 answer)
person b (question that brings up point 2)
person c (reply to point 1)
person a (point 2 brought up)
person c (reply to point 2)
person c (question to person b)
person b (reply to person c)
person c (question to person a)
person a (reply to person c)

counting the amount of posts that a person has made in each thread is pointless as it has no purpose in real life.

if everyone was to only make a single post and edit that each time they wanted to make a conversation then it'd look like this...

person a (point 1), edit1 (point 2), edit 2(reply to person c)
person b (reply to point1 + question that brings up point 2), edit 1(reply to person c)
person c (reply to point 1), edit 1(reply to point 2 +question to person b), edit 2(question to person a)

as you can see that conversation could not physicall make logical sense in only three posts, since there should be 8 posts, as above.
but if you start to make a big deal of the amount of times a person has posted in a thread, (excluding double posts), then all you do is either surpress conversation, or force unnatural edits that destroy the continuity of a conversation.

anyway... back to the subject at hand...

perhaps it's be a a good idea if we could add a few (2 or 3) custom titles each month or so, perhaps people could nominate of other members, (on the grounds of the useful posts that they make [outside of the social lounge!]).

then people could be chosen from this list (...in private)
(a new list would be made each month), (the old list would be moved to the staff lounge where the mods and david could choose the people from the list).

notably, this'd be a nomination process, not a voting process.

LambOfGod said:
sounds cool root +1
Root is cool,, he's coolness personified.
coolgleam.gif

I like to think of him as "One Who Carries Wisdom and Sanity" aka the most sane out of the lot of us.

Back
Top Bottom