Need for speed:Carbon,what did you think???

alvino said:
Hahah, don't get me wrong. I love cel-shaded games. The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker and the upcoming Crackdown (Xbox 360) were/are cel-shaded and they're great games. I personally prefer realistic graphics to match the physics. Of course, just my opinion. :)

Well, growing up with a Commador 64 and an Atari 5200, any graphics are good graphics!

X1337, I disagree with the drifting thing. I know that for the most part it drifts for you. I noticed that my 3rd drift race. What is hard is if you have decent speed, enough to get REAL points in the drift battles, you WILL hit something or fall off the cliff. The only way to have a controlled drift is with the WRX STI and be about midway thru the point bar thing, no higher.

Yeah, I'm interested to see Carbon's drift (what a creative name...what's next? Boron? Uranium? :p) in gameplay. Underground's drifiting wasn't that great. You just tap the emergency brake and slide...

alvino said:
Yeah, I'm interested to see Carbon's drift (what a creative name...what's next? Boron? Uranium? :p) in gameplay. Underground's drifiting wasn't that great. You just tap the emergency brake and slide...

I think the carbon is refering to carbon fiber. It's a ricer thing. I know a guy who wanted to put a carbon fiber hood on a classic stang, he's burried in the nevada desert somewhere.

Oh, and good move Rookie! I have NEVER had to tap the E-brake. Not in the game and most definatly not in real life! You gimme a car with a clutch and a gas pedal, I've got a drift car. I don't need no stinking brakes! (save for one for actual stopping :D ).

A good drifter can manipulate the car WITHOUT the use of an e-brake.

A better drifter can do it without brakes at all. :cool:

EDIT: The next NFS game will be called . . . . . . . . .

TURBO!

Good for you. Well I don't even have a real car. And don't call me a rookie. :rolleyes:

alvino said:
Good for you. Well I don't even have a real car. And don't call me a rookie. :rolleyes:

Why not? I've been driving 8 years, 5 of which were licensed. :rolleyes:

Been drifting for about 4 years now too (intentionally that is. I have drifted before that, but not with control). Trucks are more fun cause you don't know if you'll tip it or not.

alvino said:
Well they do have to cater to all types of gamers. If it's too hard for newbies, then they won't play it, which in turn means they won't buy it which mans there won't be any profit for EA.
I agreee with you. I just D'led it and wow to easy. Turning in the game was just like someone pushing it around coners... and driftin is to easy

im not impressed with EA

I never was really impressed with EA. They repeat the same idea over and over basically, although the graphics in NFS are pretty good. :)

Hence my original signature. :D All EA does is wash, rinse, repeat the same franchise until it's dead. EA fails. F.

Back
Top Bottom