Hd TV through a computer monitor

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi, I am gonig to have 2 computer monitors soon, hopefully. I am trying to get my parents to sign up for dish network and want to know if its worth getting the HD service to play through my computer monitor? Is it even possible? Monitors are like 19" HD tvs correct?

are you talking about useing a HD tv for the monitor, if so then i believe you can, i had a friend that hooked up their computer to their 48" big screen tv and this was like 6 years ago.

i dont know about that, ive never heard of that. why are you wanting to do that anyways. any specific reason because im sure you could find a way.

nevermind, my parents dont even want to get satellite TV. I have like no channels, just local.

Its ok, I just wish my parents would get good TV. All my friends talk about some TV show, and then they ask, did you see it? An I say, "nope, all have is channel 32 and sometimes 24." And thats almost true, we only get about 20 channels, have are kinda fuzzy.

i know ur not getting it, but just for referance, i belive the olnly way to do it is to ahve a tv tuner in your computer.

damn im sorry, i got basic cable, we get like 80 channels. its not the greatest but im on my laptop, working, going to karate, or something else and maybe watch tv like an hour o 2 a day

LOL, yeah we have loacal channels, and only 56k dial-up. Downloads go at 3kbs!!! thats slow compared to what you guys proly get, like 250kbs. I'm looking into ISDN, my parents did agree to get highspeed if we can.

Back
Top Bottom