Sound card maybe?

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
well... as u can see by the amout of posts i've been doing lately, my comptuer is f'ed up (hoping i can get money for my build in sig soon!).

well, the hard drive died last tuesday. video went on saturday, and now think sound is going, but i'm not sure. When i have somethign playing (music or sounds in games, the sound will pause, then my computer will pause for about half a second. not long, but enough to annoy the living heck outta me. It has done this once or twice with no sound on, but its not as bad. its to the point where i can't even game cuz i'm freezing and lagging soo much.

would you agree with the card going bad? or should i suspect maybe Mobo with how much things have been dieing recently?

right now, i'm not really able to exchange parts to try anything new parts wise, otherwise i would have done it before comming here. so please don't leave a post saying "try exchanging it". and i have updated and triied rolling back drivers.

No I don't think it's the sound card. Could have something to do with ram. Try running memtest to test for bad ram.

i ran memtest for 18 hours with no errors. i also ran a stress test with Pc-Check 6.0 that i received from work. all my hardware (except sound which it cannot check) passed.

sometimes a simple defrag of ya HDD will cure this, especially if ya playing music files and they are badly fragged.

i'll give teh defrag a shot and let ya know if it helps

[edit] i didn't feel like making new post, so i'll edit this one. the defrage didn't help. I "borrowed" my parents sound card as they are out for the night (they wouldn't let me try before) and so far i'm not having problems. i hate to waste ur time with this, i would have done it earlier had my parents not been.... welll.... yeah...

Back
Top Bottom