How do I?

buso23

Baseband Member
Hi,
I have two computers (one laptop and one desktop) and one internet cable conection. I bought a Gembird switching hub and would like to plug in the internet connection in it and have the other two computers plugged in there so that they could use that connection. Both of my computers have network cards and I have bought network cable for both of them.

Now I have the internet connection cable plugged in the hub and the other two cables plugged in it as well. They are also plugged in the computers.

Now how do I set all the things up?

I've tried making a small office connection but honestly I don't know what I am doing :D
Can anyone please walk me through the process?

Thanks, Ljupco

What you need to do is run the network setup wizard on both computers. It guides you though the steps and it's really easy. Just pick the options you need and it'll be all set up.

I've tried that but on my laptop it says that the network has limited or no connectivity due to being unable to obtain the IP address.It stucs in the process of acquiring the IP address

Have you checked your connection settings and have it set to obtain an IP address automatically?

it's XP and I somehow got it to work but don't know how. On my desktop everything works fine and I can connect to the internet, while on my laptop I have a limeted local area conection icon but I can also connect to the internet. I also tried accsessing the shared folder on my desktop and the laptop froze. Don't know what's going on, but glad that I have internet on both my computers.

You may need to disable the windows firewall. I think that was one of my problems when I was setting up my network.

Are these xp home or pro, and are they the same on both computers? Make sure that you log into each computer with the same name and password, if ya havent got a password, it wont let you. If ya have xp pro, then turn simple file sharing off

Back
Top Bottom