MSN tray icon notification

d_source

Daemon Poster
Is there a way to have MSN notify a person of a new message solely in the try icon? I hate MSN b/c everytime i get a new message it pops open a window. Not very discreet when using it at work. I just want the tray icon to flash whenever a new message is received.
Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

Yeah, i use MSN Plus! Live and it has many functions, for example you can change the transperancy of a window, and probably the best one is the hotkey, which once pressed, activates a lock, which hides all conversation boxes, and hides the MSN tray icon, so if your boss walks past he wont know the difference :p

Matt

dedb33t said:
I think I saw a plug in for that, CHeck www.msgpluslive.net, go to the scripts section and see, Might be there

I've installed windows live messenger and plus. I am looking for the script but have no idea what it would be called...can u help?

Mattyl110792 said:
Yeah, i use MSN Plus! Live and it has many functions, for example you can change the transperancy of a window, and probably the best one is the hotkey, which once pressed, activates a lock, which hides all conversation boxes, and hides the MSN tray icon, so if your boss walks past he wont know the difference :p

Matt

Have u found the system tray notification function?

Nah, i cant say i have, but i would think the hide one is just as effective, as it hides the boxes when the person walks passed, so it appears as nothing is out of the ordinary...

Matt

the hide one is OK, but u have to do somehting for it to work. For the one i am looking for, u do nothing. Its barely even visble, which is perfect. I dont understand how this is not the norm for these types of prgrams...or why they dont already come with that option. Its pretty stup1d actually.

Back
Top Bottom