Crashes!

Kimon

Solid State Member
I'm going to try to keep this short as I can so as to not bother everyone here. So, here goes:

I have a relatively nice computer. AMD 3200+, Nvidia 6800 GS, 1 Gig RAM, all the fixin's. Problem is, it crashes when I play games. This includes ranging from TES: Oblivion, where it crashes almost constantly, to Final Fantasy 7, where it only happens once in a blue moon. Still, it doesn't make sense that a game made in 1997 should crash my whole computer.

I recently got a power supply with a higher output (my old PSU didn't have enough to support my graphics card) to see if that would solve the problem, but alas, no luck.

What must I do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

What does it do when it "Crashes" does a blue screen appear or just restarts?

I get the blue screen of death, and, in the case of Oblivion an Nvidia driver error. I know I have the right video drivers though.

^^^^, Yes I agree with that too. It's funny you posted this because about a month ago, my roommate had the exact same problem (same error message) and computer kept restarting and crashing. He called me over and I noticed that "nv4" something error was displayed in the blue screen. Deleting the drivers in safe mode, then downloading the new nvidia drivers fixed it. He couldn't get a normal boot into Windows which was why we had to go into Safe Mode. Haha, look at how many words start with "W" in that line?

I have those drivers. And I've tried deleting and reinstalling with Driver Cleaner Pro, to no avail. I wasn't restarting in Safe Mode though, how do I do that?

Raffaz said:
OK, post up the full error when ya get home mate
Done and done.

My computer says: "The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop," and proceeded to say that there was either a problem with the device or the driver.

It also said that the following file: "nv4_disp" was causing the problem.

Apparently it's a STOP error, which I am clueless about. This was the type of STOP error it was: 0x000000EA.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom