Best use of school equipment

A lot of my school computers can now handle Call of Duty and such games. Most are Pentium 4 machines and are fairly recent (we even have two Pentium D rigs). Some of the older computers in the computer labs still use Pentium III's and old hardware.

some of my school computers might be able to handle COD2, some are P4 3.0 with 512MB RAM and some are P4 2.8 with 512MB RAM. We also have some brand new imacs in the media lab with core duo or core 2 duo, forget which one and they have like 5112 or 1GB RAM.

Our school are upgrading our computers, they look real nice, haven't seen them yet, our old one's were those Dell Optiplex or something like that. But i don't think we'll ever get a chance to LAN :(

Yeah, a lot of schools use workstation computers. All my school computers are either Dell Optiplexes or Dell Latitude notebooks.

borat_sagdiyev said:
the dell optiplex is overpriced for schools. the schools havent learned of custom built computers yet :)

almost all of our dell optiplex workstations in the programming lab have had to have replaced power supplies. I liked it better when schools used macs but that's just my opinion.

borat_sagdiyev said:
the dell optiplex is overpriced for schools. the schools havent learned of custom built computers yet :)

Not really. Schools do get educational discounts. No one wants to build over 100+ custom computers for one school. It's just too much work.

Back
Top Bottom