Video card suggestions

Vurnakes

Baseband Member
I'm building my first computer this Christmas and I was wondering if anyone could make suggestions for a good graphics card. My computer will be used for gaming, college work, movies, and recording my band. I am getting the new Core 2 Duo processor. And yes, I do know about the new DX10 cards coming out. I want to wait untill they come down in price. So someone suggest a good card at a resonable price please. Thanks for time and help.

yeah... that looks like a good price range. Now i know this is an opinion question but... which is better/easier to work with? ATI or NVIDA?

Cool, seems like everyone is building there first computer at Chistmas, go for a 7950GT, well worth the money, espcially if your not going for the G80's right now like me ;).

yeah thats what i would say and me also going with the g8800. but i think most people will tell you to go with nvidia. from everything ive heard they have better stuff

Vurnakes said:
which is better/easier to work with? ATI or NVIDA?

they are both about the same. looking at it from a gamming aspect, you'll find ATI/AMD video cards will out-do like cards from NVidia in one game, only to be beaten by like cards from NVidia in another. so its all a matter of your preferance.

celegorm said:
they are both about the same. looking at it from a gamming aspect, you'll find ATI/AMD video cards will out-do like cards from NVidia in one game, only to be beaten by like cards from NVidia in another. so its all a matter of your preferance.

yea, it really doesnt matter, i basicly chose nVIDIA because i like the colors better, kinda stupid but yea.

Back
Top Bottom