Which PC would you pick?

Hi kage, thanks

yes, thats precisely what I was planning on doing. I was going to use windows 64 if i indeed go with the AMD

May I ask why you arent going for the new 939 pin motherboard and CPU which will last you longer? i.e Venice core? (I think?)

somsto75 said:
thanks troy... heres somethng I noticed. when i un-check multiprocessing in my audio sequencing program Sonar on my P4 OR turn off hyperthreading in the bios I notice 20% or more cpu being used in Sonar. so naturally i started thinking, if i use my amd comp as my audio/DAW comp, which is single processor, wouldnt i be losing then about 20% cpu power?

Except that sonar runs 35% more efficient on 64 bit :)

kage, right now I don't really have the $$ to spend on anythnig new, whether it be computer or upgrading. I have to make best with what I have. So its one or the other ya know what i mean

dj-chris, you're right. i thought about it and you cant really compare 32-bit and 64-bit. two differnt worlds.

TRDCorolla said:
Computer #2 is better because it matches what you need.

#2 vote here as well just becareful with the 64bit edition of Windows...Last I heard it has a lot of compatability issues online and with other programs...

I really dont know the details but if someone knows better than I please fee free to expand on that...

-KJ

thanks for the votes... well, in my case i am only tweaking it and using it for audio, thats it. And as fr as I know, i have all the drivers i would need for my sound card, etc.

Back
Top Bottom