Best use of school equipment

Well my history teacher is cool, it's just the IT admin that isn't. She could care less if it was Call of Duty, if it's a game, it's out.

alvino said:
Ah, that's nice. I wish my school would do that. Instead my biotch of a IT admin hates all that isn't educational. :rolleyes:

You would be suprised how many females play games. Over 60% of online gamers are female, mostly because of games like Maple Story and Gunbound. Guys still hold the throne for most overall gamers (online and off).

Our school doesn't have it's own IT staff (And the board IT staff were not told what we were doing either).

Also this was an exception, if you were caught playing games on a regular school day, it's generally a 3 day suspension. If you were caught playing games you need admin rights to install (Like CoD) it would be 20 days pending expulsion.

Nik00117 said:
My lan clan is made up of about at least 20% women... Women gaming isn't uncommon.
Indeed, My girlfriend plays games, (and not just girly games), she's also written games reviews as well...
(actual published ones, not just for her own blog or some rubbish like that).

girls playing games isn't unusual.

root said:
girls playing games isn't unusual.

yep, but still the great majority of fps gamers are men.
And to me fps games are the thing lan parties are about. Some strategy here and there is nice, but nothing beats some quality fps gaming.

And for those über ownage rounds, you just have to have winamp open and set up so that with pressing a hotkey it will start playing Queen - Another one bites the dust. :D Or then some other quality song, like there is this one song which pretty much goes like "what's the matter when your skills aren't enough, whats the the matter when you can't succeed" :D Though usually I'm the guy who ends up getting owned.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Our school doesn't have it's own IT staff (And the board IT staff were not told what we were doing either).

Also this was an exception, if you were caught playing games on a regular school day, it's generally a 3 day suspension. If you were caught playing games you need admin rights to install (Like CoD) it would be 20 days pending expulsion.

Yeah, but did you have any admin's approval? Or was this all done in secret?

alvino said:
Yeah, but did you have any admin's approval? Or was this all done in secret?

Well for the mac's, I am the one in charge of them (Along with the art department, but I am the Admin of them). So this was fairly easy to approve, as I could approve it myself. And as the admin, I have full unrestricted access to everything on them.

For the PC's, our school has an "Internal Technology Co-coordinator". This is the closest thing to an admin in the school, however these people still have extremely limited access. Their responsibility is to report broken computers, and change student passwords. This person approved using PC school computers.

So basically for PC's, I did it completely behind the admin's back. If it was brought up with them it would have never got approval. However due to the fact our school does not employ a full time admin, it's very easy to go around them, even easier when you have full local admin and almost full directory admin.

Nik00117 said:
Yoour school PCs are capable of handling those games?

Mine wouldn't be.

CoD runs on most intergrated graphics chipsets. It runs maxed out on a GMA950.

Nik00117 said:
Yoour school PCs are capable of handling those games?

Mine wouldn't be.

haha.. so your uber good, brilliant military school doesnt have computers which can support a very basic game?

even the comps at college would be capable of supporting that game.. and they are shocking..

edit.. or mabye it could just be that they are running windows 2000

Back
Top Bottom