Best use of school equipment

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
So i was reminded about all this because of the girls don't go to lan partys thingy. So i decided to post some pictures.

A picture of everything, and if you look carefuly theirs also 3 girls in this pic
gamerstz0.jpg

NO flash picture of most of the computers
darkpcsgc1.jpg

My computer is in this pic
mypcqn9.jpg

Another of my group
mypc2nz4.jpg

My huge wire mess, also notice that their was TWO networks
wiressv3.jpg

Looks like fun, I've never been to a lan party myself. But my computer would be a bitch to carry around.

surely more surprising than girls gaming, is people gaming on macs...

yes, the money goes on PCs,
sometimes those PCs will be used for gaming, yes... but what's wrong with that, so long as nobody is being denied the oppertunity to work...

(for example when I was at school we'd always have lan gaming on the last day of term in IT lessons when ther was no monre work to do in the term time.

root said:
surely more surprising than girls gaming, is people gaming on macs...

yes, the money goes on PCs,
sometimes those PCs will be used for gaming, yes... but what's wrong with that, so long as nobody is being denied the oppertunity to work...

(for example when I was at school we'd always have lan gaming on the last day of term in IT lessons when ther was no monre work to do in the term time.

Well this was actually a charity event where we stayed up for 24 hours. So this picture is from like 11PM

As for the mac's, the games we were playing (CoD, as thats all we got working) ran on both Mac's and PC's. The mac's are also more powerful, which was great, and they suck less power. All the computers are from different area's of the school, and we set up this lab (Move computers, install network, install programs, do electrical) in all of 4 hours with a limited crew. Thats amazing.

However one problem was that the router didnt work (Mac's and PC's have to be on seperate networks), the Cisco 2950 switch with it's nicely configured VLAN's failed (This is why we have two switches in the picture). The other main problem is we kept tripping the power.

Other issues were that even though I had a no food and drink rule, the floor was covered in stuff. Also I dropped a computer and the hard drive is fubar.

We also had great music playing their too, as i bought some of my speakers :D

geeze i wish my school did that, now i know what to put in the "suggestions" box

Back
Top Bottom