Military kids, and why they are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nik, Does your head fit through the doorways at your house or did your dad have to call a carpenter?
Good Night...

Brookfield said:
Multi-post count:

Mark Thorpe 2

The Sheep 2

jm 4232 2

Brookfield 2

[Nik's posts not included, as he started the forum]
lol, those are all non-consecutive, and no offense but who are you to talk lol, ive seen a whopping 5 consecutive posts out of you, so dont even start that

Also its interseting to note employeers are far more willing to hire poeple with military backgrounds then civilians. I got my last job because of this fact, the girl next to me was just as qualifed as I was (granted it was a starter job) And I believe I was hired because the manger thought that since I was a bit more traveled and had more life experiences i'd be more mature then her when it come down to it.
you believe this or he told you this?

(lol notice i didnt double post ;))

I have sat there and watched you for months, trying to big yourself up, the best at debating, the best at this, or that, wtf ever man, what is sad that you feel the need to come onto a forum and big yourself up like this, is your self esteem that low that you feel the need to do that?

What is that saying about military kids, , everything we can look as bad, you feel the need to exalt, you will learn when you grow up, that respect comes when its earnt, yet the number of times you have said, oh because my dad is this, or that or what ever I got away with it, thats not better, its just spoilt.......

Carry on mate, think yourself better, but you know, forget that, people whom think themselves better are only so insecure..........that they can't exist in the real world.......

forget that........

What the heck...
I want my 5 minutes back.

As far as I'm concerned, I worked my freaking tail off in high school and ended up getting a full 4-year scholarship to Auburn University in AL to study to be a mechanical engineer. I have many hobbies that could also be classified as technical skills including building and fixing computers (duh), working on and fixing cars, and useful knowledge of CAD programs like Solid edge. I've been offered a job to help engineer helmets for the aviators at Ft. Rucker here in Dale County. I'm also 18. My parents are not in the military (although my grandfather was) and although both of them can have their "duh moments," they are both very intelligent and support me. That's why I think I've been so successful. Thanks for reminding me of how well I'm living my dream, though.

Nik00117 said:
Why military kids are better then Civilians.

This is a serious post from myself, based on why I believe kids raised in a military community are more mature, smarter etc then civilian students.

1. We see the world when most poeple haven't seen out of their state
2. We hear different languages, we see poeple from different countries interact on a daily basis. Just a lil fact, the bilingual rate among military kids is around 50% civilian its like 20%. Knowing two language is a huge help.
3. We didn't grow up cause we wanted too, we grew up cause we had to.
4. We have one of the best educate systems in the world, for well Teachers are movtiated getting paid double what the avg civilian gets paid.
5. We are raised by parents with a military background. In civilian school a lot of parents are weak minded. In military they aren't.

I don't disagree with you about many things, but this is one of them.

No one is better than anyone else. We're all unique and have skills and knowledge in all different walks of life.

mark thorpe said:
pardon me for being blunt, but what the fuck?, but what the hell are you on about?
Apologies, of course I shouldn't have included you, but surely the others who made more than one post qualify, what's the difference between & me doing it?, oh, remember when UK said he was putting my posts in the moderation queue?, & some did disappear, I had a word with David, & he wasn't at all happy about that, & may have had a word with him, my point being, that if he happens to look at this forum, [he looks at a percentage each day] what will he make of you moving mine to the spam archive?, I'm not reporting your intent, I can't stand UK, you, I'm disappointed in, by the way, do you have to use the "F" word, one rule for us, another for them? I'm leaving it in place.

Brookfield said:
Apologies, of course I shouldn't have included you, but surely the others who made more than one post qualify, what's the difference between & me doing it?

you make consecutive posts.

you are allowed to post more than once in a thread

you are not allowed to post more than once in a row, that is called multi posting, which is not allowed, and is spamming the forums.. like the above posts here, two in a row (which will also be removed).

the only ones i move to the spam archive are the spam ones. if you make one post, with everything you want to say in it, like everyone else on the forum does, there is no problem. the problem arises when you make two/three/four/five posts IN A ROW. that is what is not allowed here, you have even been told that by David several times..

there is nothing wrong with that me and UK are doing, the way im doing it, if you want the posts you made still in the thread, you can copy and paste them into the reply box, and put them back in as one post. i started off doing that for you, but its just got too much work.. its not difficult to use the edit button, it would save me and UK alot of work, and would stop these kinda pointless arguments..

im not going to stop, the only way to get it to stop is to stop multi posting, cause its not allowed.. people have been banned for this type of spam before, and it reflects badly on the whole moderation team if you, as a mod, constantly flout, and egnore the rules of the forum.

No difference as I can see, I make several posts, & they are not always consecutive, but I still get told about it!

no, the only time you get told about it is when they are in a row. there is absolutley nothing wrong with posting more than once in a thread.

for example.. this thread;

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=13445

has these highest posters:

User Name Posts
alvino 304
Trivium Nate 196
lhuser 164
G35x 94
^Mike^ 92
joxley1990 92
mikee286 83
ownage 76

now, as you can see, many, many of these have posted more than once in that thread, alvino over 300 times, there is nothing wrong with that cause the posts aren't in a row, your allowed to post more than once in a thread, the problem comes when you post more than once in a row.. surley that cant be too hard to understand...

edit.. kay, that was too long.. taken out alot of the list, but the rest of my post still stands..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom