Military kids, and why they are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but how does that make him less of a "better" person?

It doesn't makes me more experienced in traveling.

experience traveling is a benefit in the business sector...you know how to ride a ride plane...but...have you ever flown a plane...I have...

as far as you thinking your better than everyone...I don't know about a lot of people but I got a 1280 on my SATs' and frankly I don't think that is a bad score by any measure and thats standardized... I also had 12 years at a public school...no military background what so ever...wow look i guess by his standards I'm dumb...anyway

dude just accept the fact that you are no better than anyone else...life brings things to you... I have dealt with a decent amount of shit in my life... you take what your given and respect the people around you...don't go preaching that military kids are better... cause i know a shit ton of kids that came from my public school that will do more than anyone I know... and I know I am not one of them...but that doesn't mean you don't try...

Its more then that, its being able to navigate througha foregin country succesfully, or being able to communicate effectively with poeple who don't speak your language.

Its the experience in itself that teaches you. Its also the change, which lets throw forth this.

Person A good guy, never lived outside of his state
Person B good guy, lived all over the world

Person A and B are ordered by their job to move to Japan to do somthing what be it doesn't amtter. Person A is freaked, and nervous or exticted or unsure what its goingbe like. Chances are he'll have a harder time settling in.

Person B is going to be able to handle it just fine, he once lived in the Asia area, and granted his knowledge of the culture is limited, but he does know somthing. He also has moved quite a bit in the past and knows how to deal with the stress effectively. He will settle in much quicker and faster.

This implies, Person B will excel at his job, for well Person A is still dealing with moving issues Person B has already moved on.

Also its interseting to note employeers are far more willing to hire poeple with military backgrounds then civilians. I got my last job because of this fact, the girl next to me was just as qualifed as I was (granted it was a starter job) And I believe I was hired because the manger thought that since I was a bit more traveled and had more life experiences i'd be more mature then her when it come down to it.

My dad had a part time job in the states, his manger told him he hired him because of that reason.

Also even colleges are more inclinded to pick a military kid over a civilian kid. Not because the kid may be "smarter" but because chances are he has more life experiences.

IN the end, its truly not about SAT scores, nor ACT scores. Its about how you react in the real world, how you can handle change, life experiences etc. And military kids since they've changed a lot and had a lot more life experiences (such as moving to new countries, dealing with different languages/culture) are ahead in this category and tied in the others if not ahead in those as well.

Brookfield said:
Multi-post count:

Mark Thorpe 2

The Sheep 2

jm 4232 2

Brookfield 2

[Nik's posts not included, as he started the forum]

umm, as far as I can see you are talking about posting multiple times in this thread, not multiple consecutive posts. Whats wrong with that?

alright nik, you need to learn that no one is better than anyone else, that is all an opinion. i dont care that you may be smarter than other people, but you really shouldnt go around saying you are better than everyone. like american sensei said, if you are so mature, why are you being so immature saying you are better than everyone? i think everyone on here should just let nik think he is better than everyone. its his own problem.

I feel I should of rephased my title, for my ENTIRE POINT was military kids have more life experiences generally.

Just like kids from richer neighborhoods tend to have a better education, and don't give me the one example out of 100 please caus I already am well aware that there is in deed one.

All you're doing is just bragging about your military upbringing. Does it make it better than any of us? No. It's all opinion and experiences.

Like some have said, you do need an ego check. If american tax dollars are helping support this arrogance, then that's a damn shame. You are no better than any one. Not everyone is sheltered nor is anyone "weak-minded". Our parents still lay down morals, ethics and manners for us.

What a bullshit thread. :rolleyes:

Brookfield said:
Multi-post count:

Mark Thorpe 2

The Sheep 2

jm 4232 2

Brookfield 2

[Nik's posts not included, as he started the forum]

pardon me for being blunt.. but what the fuck?!?

so what if ive posted twice in the thread.. i made two separate posts, addressing different points, at different times, the first was to the origional post, and the second was about some other points raised in the thread.

what the hell are you on about?!??

also.. what the hell has this got to do with the topic??

Also its interseting to note employeers are far more willing to hire poeple with military backgrounds then civilians. I got my last job because of this fact, the girl next to me was just as qualifed as I was (granted it was a starter job) And I believe I was hired because the manger thought that since I was a bit more traveled and had more life experiences i'd be more mature then her when it come down to it.

i work in avionics, aircraft maintaince.. i have no military background, neither does anyone in my shop.. yes, there are some ex-RAF people there, but the majority are normal civvies.. and this is the aviation industry..

i totally disagree that the more travelled you are the more mature you are.. i know some people who have never been out of the UK, and yet are very mature people..

now how does this moving all around and not having any stable friendships for more than what 2 to 4 years benefit someone...I have been friends with some Navy kids...and quite frankly they did not like the system...go figure...

i agree with this.. i like knowing i have several close friends i have known for years and years around me, who i can talk to about anything.. i prefer knowing that i have them around, someone to talk to about anything.. if i had to make new friends every few years, theres no way you can know them enough to trust them with telling them anything..

anyway.. nik, you are not 'better' than anyone else, i am not 'better' than anyone else.. nobody is 'better' just because if they come from a military or civvy background..

this thread is stupid.. its a pointless argument..

someone close this because its becoming a waste of space. its pointless to argue this because 1 its dumb and 2 no one really gives 2 shits.

So I guess it's safe to say that I'm better than you Nik, as well as everyone else because I'm a Police Officer? Taking into consideration that I see and go through things everyday that some of you will never encounter. It takes a special person to become a LEO, and I had NO previous Military background before hire.

This above statement that I posted is pure bullshit and means absolutely NOTHING. My job title does not make me better than anyone, nor give me rights to judge.

setishock said:
If I tickle you, do you not laugh?
If I prick you, do you not bleed?
You are no better than any other person on this planet.
You need to do an ego check Nik.
Very well put, and this just pisses me off, apparently you have prejudices against kids in the US, I go to a public school, and there are a lot of very smart kids there, lets just put it this way if you get a perfect GPA your not going to be anywhere near number one in your grade...and I am currently learning another language, and have been to 44 out of the 50 states, and to Canada and Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom