Military kids, and why they are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I tickle you, do you not laugh?
If I prick you, do you not bleed?
You are no better than any other person on this planet.
You need to do an ego check Nik.

Nik00117 said:
Why military kids are better then Civilians.

This is a serious post from myself, based on why I believe kids raised in a military community are more mature, smarter etc then civilian students.

1. We see the world when most poeple haven't seen out of their state
2. We hear different languages, we see poeple from different countries interact on a daily basis. Just a lil fact, the bilingual rate among military kids is around 50% civilian its like 20%. Knowing two language is a huge help.
3. We didn't grow up cause we wanted too, we grew up cause we had to.
4. We have one of the best educate systems in the world, for well Teachers are movtiated getting paid double what the avg civilian gets paid.
5. We are raised by parents with a military background. In civilian school a lot of parents are weak minded. In military they aren't.
Weak minded:
1. having or showing a lack of mental firmness; irresolute; vacillating.
2. having or showing mental feebleness; foolish.

Notice number 2; foolish. The irony is almost unreal.

setishock said:

ya dude, seriously. just because military kids are forced to get better education and may be smarter in most cases, that does not make you better. can cant say a whole group of people is better than another people, you have to look at it by the individual. so basicly being smarter doesnt make you better.

I have no idea whether you are right or wrong.

However, when it comes to learning other languages, I think you would do better to consentrate on English.

You're or you are, not your. They mean completely different things.
Pronouns have a capital.
I has a capital.
Civlians, unless at the start of a sentence, doesn't. (Ditto teachers)

This is not spelling, this is basic grammar, without a grasp of which it is impossible to make yourself intelligible in any language.

I may be being harsh, as I have no idea how old you are, though I am presuming you are quite young.

I am glad you enjoy your life, but I am less than impressed that you assume your upbringing has been superior to mine, or anyone else's.

Basic grammar granted, I suck at it this just shows what public education can produce eh? As well i've spent 9 out my 11 years in it.

*checks ego
its in check, i'm no better then any other person thats right, however I do have more travel experience then heck a lot of adults, I have more experiences due to being a air force brat, and those will pay off later (my biggest point in this thread)

I promise you 90% of the poeple who have experienced the overseas military experience will say the kids that are raised in it, have an edge just because of the life experiences they have alone.

Nik00117 said:
*checks ego
its in check, i'm no better then any other person thats right

the title...

Military kids, and why they are better.

so your not any better than anyone else, but your a military kid, and your better..

umm, wtf??

also.. so you say you are in the best education there is, yet you have crappy basic grammar.. with the education there being as brilliant as your making it out to be, you should be the best at grammar..

+1 to seti..

Chill.

You have more experience of foriegn countrys. You have more experience of being part of a military family. Granted.

Kind of follows you have no experience of real life.

The Sheep said:
Chill.

You have more experience of foriegn countrys. You have more experience of being part of a military family. Granted.

Kind of follows you have no experience of real life.
Good point +1

now how does this moving all around and not having any stable friendships for more than what 2 to 4 years benefit someone...I have been friends with some Navy kids...and quite frankly they did not like the system...go figure...

im still trying to figure out what this edge is that it gives you...

Nik00117 said:
Why military kids are better then Civilians.

This is a serious post from myself, based on why I believe kids raised in a military community are more mature, smarter etc then civilian students.

1. We see the world when most poeple haven't seen out of their state
2. We hear different languages, we see poeple from different countries interact on a daily basis. Just a lil fact, the bilingual rate among military kids is around 50% civilian its like 20%. Knowing two language is a huge help.
3. We didn't grow up cause we wanted too, we grew up cause we had to.
4. We have one of the best educate systems in the world, for well Teachers are movtiated getting paid double what the avg civilian gets paid.
5. We are raised by parents with a military background. In civilian school a lot of parents are weak minded. In military they aren't.

yeah that is a completely uneducated assumption
okay "kids who grow up in military schools and families are smarter"
im sorry, but bullshit,
i got a 31 on my act, get good grades, and i dont even try, im semi mature, but im 15 i dont have to be mature yet, thats what i enjoy about being a kid, kids who are forced to grow up so early are just gonna be holding back and that strict enviroment is gonna hurt you later on, and lots of people in the US dont speak a second language, because they dont have to, i speak spanish and a lot of italian, not because i "have to" beacuse i want to, and p.s. ive been to greece, canada, mexico, brazil, france, italy, uk, and australia, do not tell me taht people in the US dont travel

i accomplished all that because my parents raised me right, not just left me alone and hoped that id just grow up, thats mesed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom