hard disk big problem?

matejakezman

Baseband Member
last few days i have hard disk problems.
trying to acess safe mode reboots computer.
when im in windows trying to run some applications sometimes freezes computer and hard disk keeps running, and running and running, but most of things are very slow on computer. it takes sometimes few minutes to run some apllications.
is that due to bad sectors?

It seems to me like it could be down to bad RAM, more than a hard disk fault...

How many RAM dimms have you got in the slots? And of how many Megabytes?

For instance, you may have 2x 512mb to make 1GB.

If you have two, shut down the PC, take 1 out, and run it. Does it work better? If not, turn it off, put it back in, and take the other out. Does it work better now?

If it doesn't crash when one is out, its due to some bad RAM.

If you only have 1 RAM dimm, they'll be programs that'll be able to test it.

What have you been doing on the pc before the problem started? Are you getting any errors? What does it say in event viewer?

i have been tryiing to play americans army and then problems started. it wasnt wanted to load it, hard disk was running and i pressed restart button.
event viever says nothing, it just takes time and time to load some applications, and other time it loads it instantilly.

and yes, i try to defragment c: and it says something "it couldt be defragmanted", i cant engter system restore some error and when i try do scan disk c: at the end it says "couldt scan disk"

Have ya scanned for viruses etc? Also might be worth going to command prompt and running "sfc /scannow" command (without the quotes), just incase you have some corrupt system files. Ya will need ya OS CD to do this tho

Back
Top Bottom