PS3 vs Wii

Yeah, I've been using that site, but it's not really that acccurate. The site said December 6th would be the next shipment a while ago, but I called Target and Walmart and they said the soonest they would be getting more would be a week from then.

I'll agree that sony fails in originality.. but I have to say.. I really like the playstation controller. It just plain works, and works well. The 360 controller feels about the same as the 's' controller, cept the white/black buttons are much easier to reach, so that change is welcome.

Even though the sony one didn't change in appearance as much as the xbox's, it still feels comfy and works fine. There is nothing about it that makes it annoying to use.. unlike the first xbox controller (Damn white, white, start, and back buttons!)

So yeah... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - Atleast sony got that in their head.

freestyler105 said:
Yeah, I've been using that site, but it's not really that acccurate. The site said December 6th would be the next shipment a while ago, but I called Target and Walmart and they said the soonest they would be getting more would be a week from then.

It's more accurate than calling or asking though, although it does depend on the salesperson. Some are nice and they'll tell you, but some are asses.
MikeReiner said:
I'll agree that sony fails in originality.. but I have to say.. I really like the playstation controller. It just plain works, and works well. The 360 controller feels about the same as the 's' controller, cept the white/black buttons are much easier to reach, so that change is welcome.

Even though the sony one didn't change in appearance as much as the xbox's, it still feels comfy and works fine. There is nothing about it that makes it annoying to use.. unlike the first xbox controller (Damn white, white, start, and back buttons!)

So yeah... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - Atleast sony got that in their head.

Yeah, I can agree with that. It isn't broke, but I'd like to see some more thought into it. At least Microsoft redesigned the controller to match the Xbox 360's look.

Haha, how can anyone hate the Wii? *Has watched the video* :p

Honestly though, Nintendo is obviously doing something right. I am slightly dissapointed that the graphics chip (though not meant for graphics I know) isn't capable of even Xbox's shader capabilities.

Though, a few mates of mine that were all Sony fans, and one last night said "Its not about the PS3 or Xbox 360 anymore. Its all about the Wii". I had to agree. it offers something no other console has ever done.

If the Wii wins the war, or even if its a complete sucess, which I think it will be, we all know what Microsoft and Sony will be trying to copy don't we...

Well that depends. The main catalyst for the console war is the new formats. If HD-DVD or Blu-Ray takes off as the next standard, the Wii will again become another niche product. Nintendo has yet to enable DVD playback on the Wii. So far, according to some analyst companies, the HD-DVD format is gaining a bit more support than Blu-Ray is but it's too early to tell.

I think its the other way around.

If Blu-Ray fails, in my eyes, so would have the PS3.

Nintendo has a strong product. It hasn't stood itself as not just a gaming console like the PS3 has.
The Wii is just about games, so it doesn't matter what format the discs come in.

PS3 is better. Well today where i am from (Canada) on the news they wwre calling Wii on recall and they were showing how gamers hands were getting cuts from playing i guess by the design of the controller and showed this guy freaking out and smashing his Wii controller at the wall..

Well thats just a mishap, and they have a new strap now.

If thats all you can say to say thats bad about it, your not doing too good :p

It would have been a very minor amount of people that actually go mental while playing games.
I mean, for instance, some Americans saying its too much excersise...pfft

Kage said:
I think its the other way around.

If Blu-Ray fails, in my eyes, so would have the PS3.

Nintendo has a strong product. It hasn't stood itself as not just a gaming console like the PS3 has.
The Wii is just about games, so it doesn't matter what format the discs come in.

Yeah, if HD-DVD fails, so will have the Xbox 360. Vice versa with the Xbox 360. However, banking on just a pure gaming machine won't work nowadays. Consumers want more for their money, the ability to do more than just play games. That's what the PS3 and Xbox 360 are. They're essentially multimedia hubs with gaming at it's core. The problem with the Wii is that you don't know how long people will favor it. Unless Nintendo can keep publishing awesome titles like The Twilight Princess, graphics power will eventually be a big factor for some. This will also happen as HDTV's start becoming more mainstream and as high definition is becoming broader. It's all about 720p and 1080p/1080i as the market grows.

Back
Top Bottom