Xfx 7600 Gt

AlexM33

Baseband Member
Okay, well.. I was just about to receive my new computer in my sig,
And today.. after 4 business days, they tell me that they haven't sent it yet because their eVGA 7600 GT KO's weren't in,
And I'd have to wait till wednesday.
So I was given the choice to get 2 XFX 7600 GT's instead.
A little cheaper, But I also heard that the testing that eVGA did on the 7600 GT KO wasn't done very well..
I have heard from quite a few people that after a while of gameplay, the video shutters.
I suspect this is from the overclocking they did on the card, and a simple downclock of their speed would be sufficient, but that isn't the case.
Anyone know just how differen't the XFX is from the eVGA?
And for anyone that owns an XFX card, is the performance similar to the eVGA Nvidia cards?

AlexM33 said:
Okay, well.. I was just about to receive my new computer in my sig,
And today.. after 4 business days, they tell me that they haven't sent it yet because their eVGA 7600 GT KO's weren't in,
And I'd have to wait till wednesday.
So I was given the choice to get 2 XFX 7600 GT's instead.
A little cheaper, But I also heard that the testing that eVGA did on the 7600 GT KO wasn't done very well..
I have heard from quite a few people that after a while of gameplay, the video shutters.
I suspect this is from the overclocking they did on the card, and a simple downclock of their speed would be sufficient, but that isn't the case.
Anyone know just how differen't the XFX is from the eVGA?
And for anyone that owns an XFX card, is the performance similar to the eVGA Nvidia cards?

I know the XFX is overclocked by default from XFX..

and i know they are a bit louder than the standard 7600GT

and when you put 2 of them together you will have to deal with that.

make sure you have decent cooling and i would say the 7600GTs would beat down the 7600GT ko

im not sure if ur talking about the xfx 7600 gt xxx edition, but if so its a little bit faster than the evga 7600GT ko.
and as for the video shuttering, idk i own the xfx 7600 Gt and ive never noticed anything like that before.

I never said the xfx had shuttering.. I heard that the 7600 GT KO did, I've got Liquid cooling, and more than enough vents.

XFX used to be a pretty poor brand, but they've gotten better now. The 7600 GT is a great card. eVGA is my recommended brand, but they have had some problems with their pre-overclocked 7900 GT's which results in artifacting. I think they did a recall a while back.

Back
Top Bottom