Transistor breaks speed record

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
...that could pave way for much faster computers in the future. Isn't this nuts?!?! Look how fast these babies can run:

At room temperature, or 25 C, the transistor operates at 765 GHz. The speed increases to 845 GHz when the transistor is chilled to –55 C :eek: .

Who experiements with all this stuff? US Defense, no surprise there.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2006/12/12/tech-transistor845ghz-061212.html?ref=rss

Pretty sick stuff.

Coool.. America has so much interesting stuff going on behind the scenes.. Australia is just a boring 'Prison like' place, No offence to other people..

But seriously, we have the worlds crappest ISP's, You wont believe how much internet cost's here, and how much your allowed to download. I pay 60 a month for 10Gb worth of downloads at 8mbps/128kbps :( And here that is considered good, and its with Australia's Leading ISP lol. unlimited at 1.5mbps cost from 100 a month to 600 (The cheapest being the crappy quality ISP's)

Our technology is very slow, We have all the crappest phones etc...

Our theme parks are alright, Not that good compared to others..

Meh. In a few years time I wanna go around a few countries to get more out of life :D

dedb33t said:
Coool.. America has so much interesting stuff going on behind the scenes.. Australia is just a boring 'Prison like' place, No offence to other people..

But seriously, we have the worlds crappest ISP's, You wont believe how much internet cost's here, and how much your allowed to download. I pay 60 a month for 10Gb worth of downloads at 8mbps/128kbps :( And here that is considered good, and its with Australia's Leading ISP lol. unlimited at 1.5mbps cost from 100 a month to 600 (The cheapest being the crappy quality ISP's)

Our technology is very slow, We have all the crappest phones etc...

Our theme parks are alright, Not that good compared to others..

Meh. In a few years time I wanna go around a few countries to get more out of life :D

You have the Mk2 Ford Focus over there. And the Falcon...
If you ever come to the US, bring me one of those, either will do.

pretty cool, we could be seeing some major leaps and bounds in computer technology because of this. Then again, what's to say that another component doesn't bottleneck these high speed transistors? That will likely be the case.

I wonder what that thing's 1M Super Pi time would be, haha, although you're probably right, it would be bottlenecked by some other component.

It's a transistor, not a full blown processor. Don't get all happy just yet.

Back
Top Bottom