Issue with DVD writer

SubZeo

Beta member
A couple of days ago I decided to update the firmware for my DVD-RAM drive, it's a Lite-On DVDRW SHM-165P6S.

The driver was upgraded from MS0N to MS0P.

Since then every time I try to burn an image on a blank DVD I get told to 'remove the single-layer disc' and replace it with a 'multi-layered disc' to continue. This happens regardless of whether the files fit onto a DVD5 disc or not.

But it didn't happen before I updated the driver, it would automatically burn everything to a normal capacity disc. I've tried altering the settings in programs like DVDFab but it still does it anyway, it refuses to write anything onto to a DVD5 disc unless I use a bigger disc instead.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

The thing that could of happened was that you flashed the firmware and the drive can only take dual layered disk or the DVD5 8.4GB disks.

Does anybody know how I could uninstall the new firmware?

I've tried to replace it with the original firmware (MS0N) but it's refusing to accept it, I get an error message saying: 'No matched drive detected ! ... This utility is only for LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165P6S drive'. Even though I'm positive I'm using the correct version that I had before.

It also does the same when I try to install any of the earlier versions (MS0K, MS0M, etc) :(

Where did you get the firmware from, what software did you upgrade with? Also what burning software are you using? Is there an option for the disc type, that your possibly missing?

Downloaded from the Lite-on site, the file is called MS0P.exe, it automatically updates the firmware and leaves no details behind so I'm not exactly sure what it's been doing or if there's even an uninstall option at all.

I'm using primarily DVDFab decryptor and DVD Shrink and also Nero.

This is the latest and only firmware available for my DVD drive on the Lite-On site, so as far as I can tell I'm not missing anything because I searched that site quite a few times.

EDIT: I'm referring here to the new firmware that I'm having problems with (MS0P).

As for the older firmware versions, I got them all from Softpedia. I also downloaded and tried the same versions again from some Chinese website just to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom