Networking Course

furlong86

Baseband Member
Ok i have completed my comptia A+ and want to move on to Network+ is there any free courses or websites that are good for revision?thank you

Have ya had a look at the link in the other post i left for ya? Also i noticed in one of ya other poststhat ya might be getting a job for BT, so i would suggest doing something like a MCDST, that would prepare ya well for that type of job, and work hand in hand with the training ya likely to get from BT aswell.

To add to what Raffaz suggested on the MCDST, consider taking the MCSE XP test as well. The MCDST consists of 2 tests 70-271 & 70-272. The MCSE XP test is 70-270. If you can prepare and pass MCDST ... with a little extra effort you can also pass the MCSE XP. Good luck!

CrossCech said:
To add to what Raffaz suggested on the MCDST, consider taking the MCSE XP test as well. The MCDST consists of 2 tests 70-271 & 70-272. The MCSE XP test is 70-270. If you can prepare and pass MCDST ... with a little extra effort you can also pass the MCSE XP. Good luck!

Ya cant just take 70-270 and be an MCSE, you need to do other exams beforehand, so ya would need to do the MCSA first then move onto the MCSE. There are a number of different exams you can select from, depending on the computer area you want to concentrate on. To become MCSE you need to pass a certain amount of these exams. Take a look here for more info
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/mcsa.mspx

Raffaz,

I know taking the MCSE XP test does not make you an MCSE ... 6 more tests to take. My point was that I've taken the tests and since he would be studying up for MCDST which is focused on XP and Office apps... with a little effort and more studying he could also take and pass the XP test of MCSE (which is a more in-depth on XP solely). No point in passing up an opportunity to pass a test while the information you've studied is fresh in your mind. You totally misunderstood my suggestion. And you don't necessarily need to "do other tests beforehand" ... there's no prerequisite to taking the 70-270. By the way ... if he takes the 70-270 he does actually become an MCP.

Back
Top Bottom