PS3 vs Wii

LOOL didnt this get banned from geting broadcasted?? I prefer the Wii to the PS3 the PS3 sucks :p

in all fairness, I think that clips pretty much describes exactly why the Wii is doing much better than the PS3 at the monent, (that and supply shortages!)

Wii is designed around fun whilst PS3 is designed around great graphics and serious gamers, it's exclusive of people new to gaming, or those who just want to have fun.

whilst the Wii is pretty much inclusive of all the family...

consider, that even with my Game cube, neither of my parents can even play double dash (simple gamepad stick + buttons), yet both can hit bongos and clap their way to being very good at donkey congo...

I imagine that the PS3 bananna with it's many buttons will be cunfusing to hem as well, whilst a stick and a nunchuck will be easy...

root said:
in all fairness, I think that clips pretty much describes exactly why the Wii is doing much better than the PS3 at the monent, (that and supply shortages!)

Wii is designed around fun whilst PS3 is designed around great graphics and serious gamers, it's exclusive of people new to gaming, or those who just want to have fun.

consider, that even with my Game cube, neither of my parents can even play double dash (simple gamepad stick + buttons), yet both can hit bongos and clap their way to being very good at donkey congo...

I imagine that the PS3 bananna with it's many buttons will be cunfusing to hem as well, whilst a stick and a nunchuck will be easy...
Actually, that design was scrapped.
http://www.digitaltechnews.com/news/images/playstation_3.jpg
They stuck with what works.

root said:

Yeah nintendo has gone their own way and broken away from the graphics development and created a console just for fun. Its a new idea and why people are buying it

They've actually done that for a while now. Look at the PSP and DS war. Everyone thought that the PSP's graphics and multimedia features would totally hand the DS's ass to itself, but I guess not. :p

As for that ad, it's pretty funny. The PS3 is a powerful console with some great games like MotorStorm, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII and Resistance: The Fall of Man. It's just not worth the price tag for what it gives. Maybe after some price cuts then I'll even consider it.

As for the controller, it's light, but in terms of originality...Sony fails. They've never even come up with anything original for the gamepad. The original Dual Shock was essentially the original PS1's gamepad with added rumble, and they later added two analog sticks as an afterthought. Then the PS2 comes around and it's the same design but in black and it's renamed Dual Shock 2. All the SIXAXIS is essentially a Dual Shock 2 with tilt-sensors, Bluetooth technology, trigger like R2/L2 buttons and a center PlayStation logo that acts as a button and goes back to the PS3's menu (Xbox 360 biteoff). Other than that, it looks the same, minus the rumble. It's just a shame that they couldn't come up with anything new and original, and when they actually try they came up with the turd known as the boomerang controller. Sony FAILS.

Even Microsoft had enough sense to reshape, redo and revamp the design of the original Xbox's Controller S into the Xbox 360 gamepad. It looks nice, is light and actually looks good. The SIXAXIS just doesn't match the PS3's convex shape and looks rather off.

Yeah, I want a Wii, but the $%@#ing sales reps will NEVER tell me when their next shipment is coming in. My friend's dad got lucky, he stopped into Target on the way to work at around 8 AM, and he got one! For WalMart I always get the same lady every time on the phone, she hatesss me.

Back
Top Bottom