Power Supply choice

Oh, the dual rails helps, yes. I don't quite remember what they do...maybe it's to give more voltage when required, or they work in parallel...I don't quite remember. You know that they have 3x+12V rails and quad +12V rails now? (Not sure for three, but 100% sure for 4)

lhuser said:
Yep, PSU lights is making it more powerful :p Nah! It doesn't ;)

You should need a good 450W for that type of build.

Actually I didn't even know it lights up untill I turned it on the first time was a nice surprise! Yes it's a nice decoration. :) By the way did I mention that when the computer turns off one of the fans in the PSU stays on a few minutes to cool the system down, another nice touch. :)

The psu could market 4 12V rails, but infact sometimes it really is only 1 12V rail split up. For others it really is four independant 12V rails.

lhuser said:
Oh, the dual rails helps, yes. I don't quite remember what they do...maybe it's to give more voltage when required, or they work in parallel...I don't quite remember. You know that they have 3x+12V rails and quad +12V rails now? (Not sure for three, but 100% sure for 4)

So basically with four 12V rails, you'll always have a continuous supply of power? That's good for the parts instead of having them receive surges every now and then from within the system.

yes, you will have a continuous amount of power. Even with one beefy 12V rail, as long as its a high quality powersupply, the ripple shouldnt be bad at all and it should be just as good if not better than a quad 12V powersupply.

Jeeze guys, come on. The correct answer is to look at the amps on the 12volt rail. For that setup at the least 16 amps. A 400watt psu is standard. Just check the 12volt rail is putting out over 15 amps.

Back
Top Bottom