Transfering Music

Bosox0123

Baseband Member
So im about ready to swich computers and with 1200 songs on an ipod it can me time consuming to do it using cds or a flashdrive. But I was wondering if there was a program out there that can just take the songs and play lists off my ipod and put it on my itunes library.

Any help would be amazing!

I think there is software you can find online, although its technically illegal I think because that couold be used to give other people songs...whatever you do, DO NOT just put itunes on your new comouter and update the library cause it will erase all songs on your ipod!

What I did when I lost my music library was copy the files directly from the iPod to my hard drive using Windows Explorer.
- Make sure you have disk mode enabled for the iPod
- Make sure you have viewing hidden files and folders enabled

Go to [IPOD DRIVE]:\iPod_Control\Music. That is where all your music is located, only it has weird filenames and it's under these FXX folders. Anyway, copy over the Music folder to your hard drive somewhere, and in iTunes add that folder to your library. A few of the song names may be messed up in iTunes if you got your music from certain sources....but it's easily fixed.

O ok I never realized it wasn't, last time I needed to do it someone told me it was sorry for that anyways...

Back
Top Bottom