Reinstall Vista Bootloader?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i installed vista on my second hard drive a while back, but i uninstalled it for some reason, now i can't get it back. i've tried vistaboot pro 3.1, easybcd 1.5, i try F:\boot\bootsect.exe /NT60 D: and did nothing, so idk what to do. i would rather not have to reinstall it, again.

drumthrasher said:
i installed vista on my second hard drive a while back, but i uninstalled it for some reason, now i can't get it back. i've tried vistaboot pro 3.1, easybcd 1.5, i try F:\boot\bootsect.exe /NT60 D: and did nothing, so idk what to do. i would rather not have to reinstall it, again.

didn't work. did absoluetely nothing. i used it to uninstall it, but it won't reinstall it. i choose to reinstall the vista bootloader, it says it was successful, but it didn't actually do anything.

drumthrasher said:
You uninstalled Vista or the Vista boot entry in the BCD?

If you uninstalled the entry in BCD you will have to run a "repair install" of Vista to recreate the BCD entry.

Also be wary of using VistaBootPro, i've had it bork a couple of installations requiring reinstall, EasyBCD is the superior programme to use imo.

repair install...isn't that pretty much a reinstall?
i noticed that EasyBCD is, if not, EXACTLY the same as VistaBootPRO 3.1, just a little different interface.

okay now it seems to be working; i put in the dvd, went to repair and did the startup repair thing again (i've done it a few times before but it didn't work) so i guess this time i was just lucky.
vista is tight...but the games explorer is kinda weird...half of my games it doesn't find anything for.

Back
Top Bottom