Problem with video card. Dispalying games wrong...

I'm kind of perplexed with this one, what resolution are you running the game at? I see your normal res is 1280x1024@60hz but what about the game res? Are you usinf AA/AF at all?

Guitaraz90 said:
oh oh i might got this how close is the computer to the monitor and do you have any speakers near the monitor

Monitor is like 4 inches from the PC, and speakers are right next to the monitor. But its the same for the XPS, and also I dont have problems with that with other games. But if you think it can be the problem tell me what to do I will try, also read my previous post.

DILLIGAF said:
I'm kind of perplexed with this one, what resolution are you running the game at? I see your normal res is 1280x1024@60hz but what about the game res?

I tried all different resolutions, but it does not help. Also I changed my hz to 75hz, because thats what my XPS had, do you think the problem could have been the 60hz? I dont see how but doesnt hurt to ask.

ive noticed this on many of my computers that are close together, when one is in a range of 1inchs-1foot away my screen gets all blurry and fuzzy, and about 4 yrs ago my dad showed me if you put speakers close to the computer the magnets inside change the color and distorts everything and could be dangerous to the monitor if it was thier to long

Guitaraz90 said:
ive noticed this on many of my computers that are close together, when one is in a range of 1inchs-1foot away my screen gets all blurry and fuzzy, and about 4 yrs ago my dad showed me if you put speakers close to the computer the magnets inside change the color and distorts everything and could be dangerous to the monitor if it was thier to long

but if it was the case it would do that with any game no? Also if I dont touch anything, everything is fine, but if I start clicking things, using the sliders, getting in combat, etc...thats when all of a sudden the black boxes and text overlay appears.

SebM said:
Well like I said, the performance is great, even better than my XPS400, I can run around, everything is smooth, etc....But there is that black going over my health bar and skills and stuff, everytime something happens(like combat).

The same thing with character creation and menus, etc....When I get in, it looks normal, then if I click on something or touche a slider, it does the text overlay(like if it didnt remove the other text and just went over) and lots of things become black like the picture shows.
Graphic anomolies like that are usually due to overheating or bad video ram, have you swapped out the cards (you did say you had another pc with the same card yeah?) try switching the cards, if the problem persists in the second machine you may have got a dud card

omg i just noticed that yesterday i was playing world of warcraft after i just set up a computer and didnt push the mouse conector all the way in black blurry areas came where i moved the mouse

Back
Top Bottom