Problem with video card. Dispalying games wrong...

Hmm, to me, it seems like the game might have trouble using that card. A 7300LE has those weird features, such as expandable memory. I'd look and make sure it doesn't automatically use the onboard memory.

Second, I'd look into the Display settings on that game. I'd play a bit with them.

Then, is there any updates released upon the game? Maybe the card you're using can't be well handeled on the game and the update actually has more specific use for it.

Guitaraz90 said:
well xps has been known for reliability and its awesome gameplay, is the game like have really good graphics and uses alot of memory

Yes but the XPS400 is older, its pretty much same performance, but the E521 is better and brand new. So I do not see how graphics would be affected.

To use ClearType for screen fonts
Open Display in Control Panel.
On the Appearance tab, click Effects.
In the Effects dialog box, select the Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts check box.
Click ClearType in the list.
Notes

To open Display, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
ClearType is ideal for portable computer and other flat screen monitors. ClearType may appear slightly blurry on desktop computer monitors.
Whether you select Standard or ClearType from the list, you must have a video card and monitor that support a color setting of at least 256 colors. Best results are achieved with High color (24-bit) or Highest color (32-bit) support. Click the Settings tab to set Color quality.

lhuser said:
Hmm, to me, it seems like the game might have trouble using that card. A 7300LE has those weird features, such as expandable memory. I'd look and make sure it doesn't automatically use the onboard memory.

Second, I'd look into the Display settings on that game. I'd play a bit with them.

Then, is there any updates released upon the game? Maybe the card you're using can't be well handeled on the game and the update actually has more specific use for it.

I tried playing with display settings, didnt work. My guess is I have to work around with the settings on the video card, but like I said im a total PC noob, I dont know where and how.

Its a MMORPG, all updates are done automatically before you can enter the game.

hmm.. i dont know if you have already posted something about this but when a processor heats up it reduces the performance of the computer and, also did you do any modifying to the e521, or has it been untouched in the inside

Guitaraz90 said:
hmm.. i dont know if you have already posted something about this but when a processor heats up it reduces the performance of the computer and, also did you do any modifying to the e521, or has it been untouched in the inside

Nope never touched it, and it runs very cool, the nvidia shows the heat and its always cool as well.

it may not be the heat of the video card but amd processors have been known to heat up and that reduces the performance, i have seen it in many types of computers/game systems.

I did the clear font thing, servers are down for the game atm so I cant try it right away though, but keep your possible solutions coming.

Guitaraz90 said:
it may not be the heat of the video card but amd processors have been known to heat up and that reduces the performance, i have seen it in many types of computers/game systems.

Well like I said, the performance is great, even better than my XPS400, I can run around, everything is smooth, etc....But there is that black going over my health bar and skills and stuff, everytime something happens(like combat).

The same thing with character creation and menus, etc....When I get in, it looks normal, then if I click on something or touche a slider, it does the text overlay(like if it didnt remove the other text and just went over) and lots of things become black like the picture shows.

oh oh i might got this how close is the computer to the monitor and do you have any speakers near the monitor

Back
Top Bottom