OMG, is Nintendo already in trouble?

Well I still enjoy console games either way. For one, some games on consoles are exclusive to consoles and it's just so hassle-free. You plop the disc in, wait for it to load and you enjoy. Whereas the PC, you have to wait, install and depending on the game, you need to reboot. Then you have to configure settings to your hardware etc etc.

What's suprised me is how well the Nintendo DS and DS Lite are doing. When the handheld war first started getting hot between the DS and PSP, I would've thought that the PSP and it's multimedia capabilties would've owned the DS up the butt. Even though the DS doesn't look as good, it's so damn fun. Nintendogs, Castlevania, Yoshi's Island 2, you name it...man...

alvino said:
Well I still enjoy console games either way. For one, some games on consoles are exclusive to consoles and it's just so hassle-free. You plop the disc in, wait for it to load and you enjoy. Whereas the PC, you have to wait, install and depending on the game, you need to reboot. Then you have to configure settings to your hardware etc etc.

I agree to a certain extent, yes console games are easier to play and don't require reboots, have exclusive games, probably cost cheaper too, etc.

But PC games are much more detailed, more challenging, and you can always find emulators and roms for console games. In my opinion.

I guess it's just personal choice. I've played console games all my life, but when I get a decent enough computer, I'm definitely sticking to PC gaming.

Hmmm... it shows alvino as the last poster?

I did get that error thing while trying to post my previous message.

Edit: Fixed now.

Yeah, that server error is annoying. Happens to me too.

As for your previous post, I agree. It is really personal choice. I enjoy both PC and console gaming. Sometimes I love sitting for a whole afternoon in front of my TV, duking it out on Day of Defeat: Source or Battlefield 2, but sometimes I just love sitting on my comfy couch and spending some fun time on my Xbox playing some console games. I'm not really hardcore for either platform, but I'm not biased toward them either.

Im honestly surprised that the PS3 has out sold the X-Box 360. Im not surprised at all though that the Wii has out sold them all. Nintendo is one of the most recognizeable brands in the world, and I believe that anything they bring out will out sell just about all of its competitors.

Nintendo I believe, started the whole gaming thing since the 80's when their regular Nintendo came out for the very first time. Even back then, they were a best seller. They have a long streak of success.

TRDCorolla said:
Nintendo I believe, started the whole gaming thing since the 80's when their regular Nintendo came out for the very first time. Even back then, they were a best seller. They have a long streak of success.

Yeah, I remember the good old days of Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros. So cool... I think that's the thing that does it for Nintendo, the gameplay for their games and consoles is ust awesome (old and new). Then again, all old consoles (basically Sega and Nintendo) were mainly built on gameplay, rather than great graphics, sound, or to be challenging. I think from the PS1 is when gameplay started to get overtaken by the above characteristics. Now Sega used to have great gameplay, just like the Nintendo consoles, however I think from the Sega Saturn onwards it has lost pretty much all of it's gameplay value. Nintendo on the other hand has kept it, by being innovative and creative with each new console.

Infin1ty said:
Im honestly surprised that the PS3 has out sold the X-Box 360. Im not surprised at all though that the Wii has out sold them all. Nintendo is one of the most recognizeable brands in the world, and I believe that anything they bring out will out sell just about all of its competitors.

You're suprised that the PS3 has surpassed the Xbox 360 in sales in JAPAN? There's nothing to be suprised about. It's a given that Sony and Nintendo will dominate the Japanese market, all Microsoft can do is gain the trust from Japan slowly by pushing good first and third party games that are aimed at the Japanese market.

but sometimes I just love sitting on my comfy couch and spending some fun time on my Xbox playing some console games. I'm not really hardcore for either platform, but I'm not biased toward them either.
and this is exactly why i want to re-arrange my house to put my PC in the living room... PC gaming and TV and the company of others, rather than just sat alone in a different room...

What's suprised me is how well the Nintendo DS and DS Lite are doing. When the handheld war first started getting hot between the DS and PSP, I would've thought that the PSP and it's multimedia capabilties would've owned the DS up the butt. Even though the DS doesn't look as good, it's so damn fun. Nintendogs, Castlevania, Yoshi's Island 2, you name it...man...
I still say, (having seen both) that the PSP was pretty much doomed to begin with...

media capabilities, like what you can buy UMD films...

of course most people don't buy UMD films they rip regular DVDs to memory sticks.

you can rip regular DVDs to a flash cart for the DS, and even better than that the battery last long enough to watch a movie and play some games.

I can't see how you're surprised that the DS does so well...
touch screen makes everything a little more accessible, it has pretty much all the same media addons, (fair enough a little harder to work) that the PSP does as well as wireless internet game play and limited web browsing...

PSP is sadly lacking!!!

I'm a little surprised that the PS3 has already outsold the Xbox360, I mean there is very little between them in terms of hardware capabilities, (that are noticable).(i mean it's not like the difference between the original Xbox and nintendo game cube for example), xbox has more titles, (cause it's been out longer...).

I'm still sceptical about the ps3 to be honest...
as I said I've still not got an xbox 360 either. and probably won't get one...
I've still not played all my regular Xbox games to completion yet, and when I've finished them I need to start on the PS2 games...

I wouldnt pay the money for the PS3 halft the cost is blue ray and I'm not for blue ray at the moment and the HD ready?? how many kids have high definition tv's? ahh sony have stuffed up I think lol:p

Back
Top Bottom