directx 10

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
im thinkin about buying a new graphics card, and i was wondering if i should wait for the directx 10 to come out since the directx 9 has been out for a while then buy a graphic card for the directx 10, and i was also wondering when will directx 10 come out, will it come out soon?

direct x10 is already out... there are already a few cards that nvidia has released that support directx 10 such as the 8800gtx. personally i would wait till direct x 10 cards become more mainstream and go down in price and then get a direct x 10 card. do u plan on getting windows vista at all in the future? if so i would wait a while longer till the prices come down on direct x10 cards and grab one. what card do u have right now?

right now i have a ATI Radeon X300, and i need a serious upgrade. My comp said it is windows vista capable

EricM said:
direct x10 is already out

since when? The hardware to use it is there, but atleast to my knowledge dx10 hasn't been released. I think it's released with Vista, or just a little after vista.

Currently the only dx10 cards are 8800GTX and 8800GTS. But I'd wait a while, and see if the prices are coming down. Or then wait until next summer, when nVidia is releasing their cheaper line of dx10 cards. I know that's what I'm going to do if I end up getting a dx10 card.

And also when ATI releases their DX10 cards the 8800's will probably go down.

It's not DirectX10, it's Direct3D10 that's been released with Vista as far as I know.

it'll only affect your graphics cards. I think your games will run DX9 compatible on Vista unless you have the new hardware to unlock the full potential of D3D10.

Err, no. It's Well DirectX 10. Direct 3D 10 is a sub feature for the DirectX 10 engine.

depends if your looks for a great card right now for cheep
u could get a 7950 factory cover clocked for only 230
the new direct x cards r between 4-5 hundred
but by the time vista releases in jan the cards will probly be in the 3 - 350 range

directx 10 is being released with vista but they are making graphic cards that can support dx10 now.

mammikoura said:
since when? The hardware to use it is there, but atleast to my knowledge dx10 hasn't been released. I think it's released with Vista, or just a little after vista.

Currently the only dx10 cards are 8800GTX and 8800GTS. But I'd wait a while, and see if the prices are coming down. Or then wait until next summer, when nVidia is releasing their cheaper line of dx10 cards. I know that's what I'm going to do if I end up getting a dx10 card.

Woops! Thanks for the correction! I meant to say direct x10 will be released with Vista, but the hardware support is out already.

Back
Top Bottom