Gallery: Motherboards

well im waiting until they can start making use of physics cards in 3d apps, that will be awesome, i mean games are already so cool. to be honest i'd be as happy blowing up an object into 20 pieces rather than a thousand. its not really worth the money right now. i mean the whole point of a gpu is to take care of graphics, and now they cant even do that, maybe they should try to put a ppu on a graphics card board, so it would be an all in one solution.
does anybody know whether the new nvidia 8 series gpu's are being used up completely in normal gameplay. i remember reading that even cards like the 1800 series have left over horsepower which is just wasted....end of rant.

ownage: do you have a link for the specs of that dfi mobo? thanks.

specs, not currently. But its basically the same thing of RD580 and SB600. Thats the NB and SB respectively. The only difference is async memory clocking. So say good bye to dividers! :D Plus notice the clean socket area, no annoying caps or anything. Thank to Digital PWM.

The thing I like is the third physical 16x pci-express slot. you can put ANY card in there. Albiet TV tuners, ethernet cards, sound cards (when they come out of course...damn creative), or a physics card. It doesnt HAVE to be a physics card.

This motherboard is supposedly fried, but since the CPU show that it fried, I have doubts. I went to check it with the techie and it still didn't work. BUT, I'm wondering if he used an unsupported processor...like a 333FSB or higher or the Barton Cores...

Anyways, the board is an ECS L7VMM2:
35903.jpg

The only difference with this one is that I have the third PCI slot.

13-157-106-04.jpg

Just imagine this with an AGP slot instead of a PCI-e, and an Intel chipset and that's what I have basically. There are a couple of other differences such as the floppy drive connector in a different spot. Good mobo so far for the first day I've owned it.

I couldn't take a real picture of it because you wouldn't see it with all the wires and such in the micro ATX case it's in. It will be migrating to an ATX case later for better airflow and less cramped wires.

Well i opened my computer to day and decided to take some pics and here they are and click the imgs below to get the full size

Heres my 5200FX video card

sadly this mobo has a AGP slot with 2x/4x and 3 pci slots (very out dated)

Back
Top Bottom