New titles

alvino said:
Well mods do get custom avatars. Trade off I guess...
That's one thing that kind of annoys me here, no custom avatars, not like it's a big deal to implement or anything, and dare I suggest we could nominate Brookfield as the

"Avatar Police" ?

/me runs for cover

:D

so what, does David and staff go through everyones name and just pick who has been good or not?

the few people that have them were nominated by mods.

Well you never know...some people are naturally..."cautious". *cough* Brookfield *cough*
there's no need to try starting fights over it now is there.

well if you would then people would change it away from moderator, and new members wouldn't have any idea who is a mod. Though I don't mind it if you would get custom titles, most of you do deserve it. Just maybe a rule like you have to have "mod" in it. Like "blaablaablaa, mod" Though I think that wouldn't be as obvious as just moderator
Yeah... I'd change mine to Newbie just for laughs.

Yeah, you two have a lot of useful posts (and happen to be around here )
slightly re-arranged...

IRT #31

That isn't such a bad idea. If Brookfield, (or anyone else) were willing to have them sent to them for approval first, before you were able to use them, I can't see what the problem would be. Especially as you are able to post pictures of anything you want in your posts anyway :confused:

already discussed...

it's been said it's something that just won't happen...

it was tried before. and *somehow* abused so David turned it off.

I'm not sure how it was absued, but it just was.

there is also some quirk of the setup that not all mods have the ability to change avatar pictures, it's not practical to elect a chosen few mods, because all the mods are equal, (the fact that I can change your picture whilst someone else can't is irrelivant, because at the moment I can't add a custom avatar for you anyway).

besides, which...

even if we were allowing custom avatars, it'd likely be for the chosen few in the same way that the titles are now.

I guess the message of the story is, get posting and helping people and you'll likely be rewarded.

There are filters in the admin functions that block any words you chose to block from becoming a title. This is to keep members from using things like>
Admin
Administrator
Mod
Owner

Things like that. So if that's what worries some just have David program in the exclusions.

setishock said:
There are filters in the admin functions that block any words you chose to block from becoming a title. This is to keep members from using things like>
Admin
Administrator
Mod
Owner

Things like that. So if that's what worries some just have David program in the exclusions.

Since the custom titles are only given to a few chosen ones I don't think people putting "moderator" as their title is going to be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom