Dfi Icfx3200-tr2/g

ownage

Fully Optimized
Yes, it is officially announced.
Retail Board:
lputicfx3200t2rgsidevs9yt0.jpg

The thing that leads into buying this board is the asynchronous memory clocking. So say good by to dividers. You can run 500FSB and 175mhz on the memory and it'll work (performance might not be great, but it'll work)

Other thing is the 6 phase DIGITAL PWM. So no more cluttered socket areas with capacitors and coils. This allows for longer life if you are going to run 24/7 and no worries about if a heatsink will fit or not.
Read more about it here: http://us.dfi.com.tw/Press/press_he...&TITLE_ID=7994&LINKED_URL=arch438.jsp&SITE=US

If you want BIOS shots, and I highly recommend you look at them because if you are going to overclock, this board is not for the person that is not willing to sit down and test. This BIOS will take a long time to tweak. So...its a lot to work with. Obviously there will be tuts up and about so it'll make the life easier. So, here it is: http://www.thetechrepository.com/showpost.php?p=139&postcount=6

EDIT: This motherboard will carry a cpu to 500FSB. It might be good depending on the cpu. But 500 isnt the limit. I reckon with a lucky board 520 or 525 FSB is possible. With a E6600, that is 4.7Ghz.

I love the way it looks too. The black, orange, and yellow is just so cool!

Edit: Do you know if it comes with rounded cables? The gray ribbons in my case right now look horrible.

But why would you bother? they're as cheap as chips or you could try this

Cable folding :D Origami for ribbon cables :D

dscn1500pr7.jpg

Well if you're low on cash, it's a cheap alternative. Works just as well and performs just as well as rounded IDE cables.

Haha, yeah cable folding is pretty cool.

But the problem is, I have an upside-down ATX case, so the optical drives are pretty far from the IDE connectors on the mobo, so I don't have a way to hide them. I would post pics of my case in the gallery, but I don't have a camera, and my parents keep forgetting to buy one. Oh yeah, my case is a Silverstone TJ06.

i think the ports would be closer. I'm using a Lian Li V-1000b and my IDE slots are closer to my CD drives.

Back
Top Bottom