Activating XP

xtremezx2 said:
no that would be illegal unless you have a coa that is for multiple computers such as being in the parnership program

an oem coa will work, but you need an oem windows install cd (not a manufacturer one) all three of my computers are running oem windows from old comps that i have traded into work or built. my laptop has home off of a toshiba, my one desktop has pro off a dell, and my new comp has home off of an hp. i know it works and i've never had a problem with microsoft yet. problem is you need a normal xp oem disk, which if you don't have makes for some problems.

oh ok. I was just wondering because when I get a mac, I wasn't sure if I had to get a new copy of win XP or if I could just put that one on there so I can run windows on it.

it wont let you log on until you activate it, and this happens after 30 days. its just like when you start up your cmputer it goes straight to the activation thing and wont let you do anything else until you activate it.

They wont activate it for you because OEM is nothing to do with Microsoft, its basically the OEM's problem, so ya need to contact them.

Back
Top Bottom